The Student Room Group

I'm literally disgusting and nobody would date me

I'm 13 and I'm so ugly. Not only is my face sickening- big nose, bushy eyebrows, horrible teeth, etc... But so is my body, I have random scars and stretch marks in the worst places along with body hair. And my hair is so curly and thick and just untameable.
My personality isn't even good either. I try to be nice but I don't understand social cues. I dunno what I wanna do in life- i wanted to be a writer and then realized my writing is trash- and it might be a while before I improve on that because I now live in a foreign country where the english program is garbage. And I'm not cut out as a housemaid either. But I dunno if I want a 9-5... What would I even work as?
I literally bring nothing to the table. I'm not pretty or smart or rich or athletic or chill or literally anything. I have 0 good qualities. Being sweet will only get you so far and I'm probably not even that remarkably kind compared to what others bring to the table. I see no future ahead for myself, and why would anybody want to date me? My dreams are for a handsome, nice guy and I can't even be pretty.
I'm also being pushed a grade back... Because according to this weird law in my country I have to retake 7th grade even though I ALREADY COMPLETED IT AND WAS STARTING 8TH GRADE! So I'll just constantly be behind which is even more repulsive. I'm disgusting. I want to return to the west but in my circumstances everybody will see me as gross and so will I. My future is probably crushed and I'm only 13.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 13 and I'm so ugly. Not only is my face sickening- big nose, bushy eyebrows, horrible teeth, etc... But so is my body, I have random scars and stretch marks in the worst places along with body hair. And my hair is so curly and thick and just untameable.
My personality isn't even good either. I try to be nice but I don't understand social cues. I dunno what I wanna do in life- i wanted to be a writer and then realized my writing is trash- and it might be a while before I improve on that because I now live in a foreign country where the english program is garbage. And I'm not cut out as a housemaid either. But I dunno if I want a 9-5... What would I even work as?
I literally bring nothing to the table. I'm not pretty or smart or rich or athletic or chill or literally anything. I have 0 good qualities. Being sweet will only get you so far and I'm probably not even that remarkably kind compared to what others bring to the table. I see no future ahead for myself, and why would anybody want to date me? My dreams are for a handsome, nice guy and I can't even be pretty.
I'm also being pushed a grade back... Because according to this weird law in my country I have to retake 7th grade even though I ALREADY COMPLETED IT AND WAS STARTING 8TH GRADE! So I'll just constantly be behind which is even more repulsive. I'm disgusting. I want to return to the west but in my circumstances everybody will see me as gross and so will I. My future is probably crushed and I'm only 13.

Who told you you're ugly? If you make it up in your mind, you'll never find yourself beautiful, and then everyone will find you ugly too. Consider yourself to be the most attractive person on earth. When you are able to please yourself, you can please others as well. Remember it. Since you think you've got some flaws, try to work on those and see if you can change them. If not, be okay with whatever you have at the moment. It's not necessary to be harsh with yourself. Hopefully, things will get better in the coming days.

Regarding your goals in life, be patient, try to observe things as much as you can, be visionary, and then ask yourself what fascinates you about your life's objectives. When you understand your desire, go for it with proper planning and effort.

Frankly speaking, you're thinking too much at this stage of life. You're just 13. There's a long way to go. So, calm down and concentrate on other priorities right now over dating. I personally believe people shouldn't start dating or being in a relationship before a certain age because we don't use both minds and hearts but instead give more importance to our emotions at that time, which causes loads of issues.

Good luck! :crossedf: Hope this helps a bit! Feel free to reach out if you've got something else to ask. :smile:
Reply 2

a lot of your problems seem to be about things that can easily be fixed, just the quantity of them may feel overwhelming at first.

body hair can easily be shaved off, bushy eyebrows can be tweezed, etc.

a lot of it probably comes down an extremely low self esteem, you only see negative traits in yourself when i’m sure that’s not true, i don’t know you personally but i’m sure there’s some great qualities you have!

just try to change the way you think about yourself, instead of pushing yourself down with waves of negative thoughts about yourself think about all the good things, and work towards fixing anything you believe is ‘wrong’ with yourself

You want your husband to be handsome while you say you are not?

If that were true then I would say you may be setting your sights a bit high. Nothing is for certain but handsome guys tend to be attracted to pretty girls.

People's idea of what is handsome or pretty may vary a bit of course, but lots of girls will be after guts who are handsome, good socially or perhaps wealthy background.

Difficult to give advice in how to improve your look though we won't go into pics. I've fancied a girl in the fast with eyebrows that were a bit bushy it kind of added to a characterful and deep look I found. Worst I feel is when women shave off their eyebrows and stencil them in, you just can't see who they really are anymore and that is more important to me.

13 is a young age and people change as they grow. Most 13 year olds when I was at school didn't have relationships though of course occasional interest in the opposite sex. I would say the 16 - 18 age group is really more when more start dating but even then many don't. If you're not having much luck by around 19 or so then re-evaluate the situation then as around early twenties tends to be the prime age.

Men aren't usually looking for a girl skilled at much generally it's mostly just presenting yourself well then getting on well with that person possibly over a similar interest.
Reply 4
If you think you're ugly you probably are, shave, brush your teeth and get your eyebrows done first of all and that might make you a bit more dateable. There is no way you're going to be a writer your just a stupid child with dumb dreams, even though you're dumb, just stick it out till college/sixth form and you'll be able to get a job. Just wait for GCSEs/A levels and you'll find what you'll like. Maybe if you have money people will finally want to date you - but even ugly people would never date somebody like you, especially since you're only 13. Get over it and learn how to deal with it, you'll never grow out of it.

aww, you had to use anon to post this? so brave omg. they can be a writer if they ******* want to.

Hey don’t say that, I bet your the most beautiful person ever. More beautiful than you think. It’s okay to not know what you want to do yet, you still have time as you’re only in the 8TH grade. Maybe start by getting a part time job somewhere that they accept people to work at your age and then later on you can figure out what exactly it is that’s you want to do as a career.

You’re beautiful and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Your scars and stretch marks are amazing and your curly thick hair is a blessing. I know it may not feel like that ( I have 4c hair so I can relate😭), but if you get the right products eg hair oils, leave in conditioners, shampoos, detangling brushes etc. then you’ll be able to manage your hair. Body hair is natural, everyone gets it so there’s no need to be ashamed of it. Society today make it seem like it’s such a bad and ugly thing but it’s really not because there is not one person who doesn’t grow body hair (unless they have alopecia etc.). The only way people will love you, is if you love yourself. You don’t have to love every part on/of your body, but just at least appreciate it and do not feel bad about it because you are not ugly. Everybody’s different and they will always have something to say but forget about them because they’re not worth it, no hater is ever worth anything. So keep your head up my girl/boy (or any other gender or no gender)

alexis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending