The Student Room Group

Online Assessment- Feedback report

Does a feedback report genuinely reflect on how you have done during the online assessment, or is it more a guideline for what the company thinks your strong and weak points are?
Original post by dylan12321
Does a feedback report genuinely reflect on how you have done during the online assessment, or is it more a guideline for what the company thinks your strong and weak points are?

The question doesn't make sense without more detail. Tests are designed to elicit results related to the skills an employer needs. No-one tests for swimming ability unless they need you to be able to swim. So the feedback from tests is both about how you performed, and how well you fitted with what the company needs - they are one and the same thing because that's what the tests were designed to show.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
The question doesn't make sense without more detail. Tests are designed to elicit results related to the skills an employer needs. No-one tests for swimming ability unless they need you to be able to swim. So the feedback from tests is both about how you performed, and how well you fitted with what the company needs - they are one and the same thing because that's what the tests were designed to show.

Sorry for not being clear and thank you for your response. I recently sat KPMG's transforming small business's online assessment. Shortly after, I was given a feedback report which highlighted areas of strength and areas that could be developed. So I just wanted to know based on the strong/weak points they have highlighted, would they base the outcome of the test on that etc.. But I understand what you mean.
Sorry for not being clear and thank you for your response. I recently sat KPMG's transforming small business's online assessment. Shortly after, I was given a feedback report which highlighted areas of strength and areas that could be developed. So I just wanted to know based on the strong/weak points they have highlighted, would they base the outcome of the test on that etc.. But I understand what you mean.

So the strengths and weaknesses would have been relative to the questions asked and the quality of your answers, and given to help you understand where your skills might fit best. So for example, if you had applied to an analytical role and were told your attention to detail and focus were poor and that your relationship management and enthusiasm were high, you might consider whether you were suited to analytical roles and look at sales or marketing positions.

If they didn't give you an application decision at the same time, then they are waiting to see what the whole applicant cohort results are, to decide where to put the bar for offers and rejections.
Reply 4
I need my results on to be resend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending