The Student Room Group

University of Glasgow interview

Hello,
Has anyone had an interview with University of Glasgow undergraduate Primary Education course. I am hoping to get some advice. Thank you in advance.
Hey, I just had my Glasgow (main campus) interview today. Have you applied for Primary education (main campus) or Dumfries campus?
Reply 2
Original post by ItsSummerHere
Hey, I just had my Glasgow (main campus) interview today. Have you applied for Primary education (main campus) or Dumfries campus?

Hiya I just received an interview for Glasgow (main campus) how did it go? What questions did they ask and was there a written task? X
Original post by sk2002_
Hiya I just received an interview for Glasgow (main campus) how did it go? What questions did they ask and was there a written task? X

Hey, it went really well! I had two interviewers and they were so lovely, it was quite informal so I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I would. It started with me answering the question on religion (the one that we got sent in the email). Then they asked me about what I have done to prepare for teaching?? I honestly can't remember but it was something about my skills. The third one was about teamwork - what skills are important for teamwork to work? I said communication, listening etc. The last one was about current study/work so I spoke about what I study at school and what I do out of school to prepare me with teaching. The written task was cancelled so I didn't have to do that. Honestly, it went by really quickly and the interviewers were lovely. :smile:
Reply 4
Hey, it went really well! I had two interviewers and they were so lovely, it was quite informal so I didn't feel as nervous as I thought I would. It started with me answering the question on religion (the one that we got sent in the email). Then they asked me about what I have done to prepare for teaching?? I honestly can't remember but it was something about my skills. The third one was about teamwork - what skills are important for teamwork to work? I said communication, listening etc. The last one was about current study/work so I spoke about what I study at school and what I do out of school to prepare me with teaching. The written task was cancelled so I didn't have to do that. Honestly, it went by really quickly and the interviewers were lovely. :smile:

Thank you! That’s really helpful info and that’s a relieve about the written task, best of luck x
Original post by sk2002_
Thank you! That’s really helpful info and that’s a relieve about the written task, best of luck

No problem!! And thank you :smile: x
Hey, I have another interview for Primary Education and in the email they said there would be questions on current educational trends. Anyone know what are the current trends are for education? I was thinking it would be online learning but idk what else there is.
Hey, I have another interview for Primary Education and in the email they said there would be questions on current educational trends. Anyone know what are the current trends are for education? I was thinking it would be online learning but idk what else there is.

Google Doug Lemov "Teach Like a Champion". :smile:
It's the current "bandwagon" that schools are jumping on and trying to follow.
You don't have to agree with everything Doug Lemov says, but some of his stuff is on point in my personal view.
For Primary Education interview advice (written before covid and online interviews), see here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=74015978&postcount=4
Original post by 04MR17
For Primary Education interview advice (written before covid and online interviews), see here:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=74015978&postcount=4

Thank you, I'll look over this :smile:
Has anyone heard back yet after their interviews?? Think mine was Feb 17th and still haven’t heard back xx
Original post by heathercolettex
Has anyone heard back yet after their interviews?? Think mine was Feb 17th and still haven’t heard back xx

I've heard back from my interviews. I had my last one on the 22nd of February and I heard back on the 26th of February however, my friend only heard back today so I wouldn't worry. I think they're just going through all the applications very slowly.
Hey has anyone accepted Glasgow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending