The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University - Help

Hi all, I have been offered a place at Bournemouth Uni for adult nursing (woo!) which I will be accepting soon. I am currently living in Cornwall so it is a bit of a move for me and I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on accommodation etc.

I have heard that Bournemouth is like a 'green town' and there is not a lot of parking as I would have hoped to bring my car with me with moving and coming home etc.

Any recommendations on halls of residence especially with parking that would be fantastic.

I am really nervous but also very excited, if anybody has any further experiences of this course and university I would love to hear all!

Thank you :smile:
Hi, I am joining Bournemouth in September too! I am studying mental health nursing. I wondered about parking for accommodation too for ages as the whole website says there is no parking available. However I got in touch with a support coordinator at the uni and he kind of directed me to living in town accommodation as there is many big car parks you are able to buy permits for and there is some free street parking but I think they may be for like 2 hours or so. I think I am going to choose Cranbourne House as there is a car park right round the corner. The permit is £70 a month or so I think so its quite expensive but this support coordinator said "the placement travel could be your car costs or public transport" so it may be possible to claim the permit money back. Not sure, hope this helps. I can give you his email if you wanted more information from him! :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by katiet022
Hi, I am joining Bournemouth in September too! I am studying mental health nursing. I wondered about parking for accommodation too for ages as the whole website says there is no parking available. However I got in touch with a support coordinator at the uni and he kind of directed me to living in town accommodation as there is many big car parks you are able to buy permits for and there is some free street parking but I think they may be for like 2 hours or so. I think I am going to choose Cranbourne House as there is a car park right round the corner. The permit is £70 a month or so I think so its quite expensive but this support coordinator said "the placement travel could be your car costs or public transport" so it may be possible to claim the permit money back. Not sure, hope this helps. I can give you his email if you wanted more information from him! :smile:

However youll only be able to claim it back if your course has placement you have to travel to.
Original post by CShepherd23
Hi all, I have been offered a place at Bournemouth Uni for adult nursing (woo!) which I will be accepting soon. I am currently living in Cornwall so it is a bit of a move for me and I was wondering if anybody could give me any advice on accommodation etc.

I have heard that Bournemouth is like a 'green town' and there is not a lot of parking as I would have hoped to bring my car with me with moving and coming home etc.

Any recommendations on halls of residence especially with parking that would be fantastic.

I am really nervous but also very excited, if anybody has any further experiences of this course and university I would love to hear all!

Thank you :smile:

Hello CShepherd23,

I am Tia and I study BA (Hons) Communication and Media. There isn't any parking at halls unless you go into unilet or private rented accommodation. However, as Katiet022 says there are private car parks where you can pay for a permit but they can be expensive so the university recommends that you don't bring a car unless you really need to. I understand you will be doing a nursing degree though and may have to drive to placement so it is probably worth it.

Best wishes,

Tia Hodgson
Reply 4
Original post by katiet022

Hey! Oh my god, yes please that would be amazing!! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by mediastudentBU
Hello CShepherd23,

I am Tia and I study BA (Hons) Communication and Media. There isn't any parking at halls unless you go into unilet or private rented accommodation. However, as Katiet022 says there are private car parks where you can pay for a permit but they can be expensive so the university recommends that you don't bring a car unless you really need to. I understand you will be doing a nursing degree though and may have to drive to placement so it is probably worth it.

Best wishes,

Tia Hodgson

Thank you so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending