The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Students Happiness

Hi,
I have an offer to study Psychology at Bristol and I think I'm going to firm Bristol (instead of Bath) because I'd fit in more at Bristol. However, I have seen that student satisfaction at Bristol is really low. For my course apparently the professors and feedback aren't very helpful and in general students feel not supported? I know that the suicide rate at Bristol uni is also really high and that worries me. I'm just wondering if there are any people who go to Bristol who could help me out and provide any information? Are the mental health services any good, is student support & satisfaction actually better than it seems online? Or in general are people happy with Bristol? Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I have an offer to study Psychology at Bristol and I think I'm going to firm Bristol (instead of Bath) because I'd fit in more at Bristol. However, I have seen that student satisfaction at Bristol is really low. For my course apparently the professors and feedback aren't very helpful and in general students feel not supported? I know that the suicide rate at Bristol uni is also really high and that worries me. I'm just wondering if there are any people who go to Bristol who could help me out and provide any information? Are the mental health services any good, is student support & satisfaction actually better than it seems online? Or in general are people happy with Bristol? Thanks

Hi, I was only at bristol for a term when I suspended for mental health reasons (unrelated to Bristol itself) but when I was going through that whole process the counselling service and student support were really helpful and friendly. As far as I could tell most people seem happy enough there. However as far as professors and tutors go my personal experience was that they weren't as good at feedback as I had hoped. Hope that helps
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi, I was only at bristol for a term when I suspended for mental health reasons (unrelated to Bristol itself) but when I was going through that whole process the counselling service and student support were really helpful and friendly. As far as I could tell most people seem happy enough there. However as far as professors and tutors go my personal experience was that they weren't as good at feedback as I had hoped. Hope that helps

Hi, thanks so much for the reply. What degree did you do? Was the feedback not detailed enough or were they not helpful if you had any questions etc? Thanks!
Hi, thanks so much for the reply. What degree did you do? Was the feedback not detailed enough or were they not helpful if you had any questions etc? Thanks!

Sorry for a late reply, I was on the biology course, the feedback wasn't really constructive and took ages to come back but that could have been specific to my tutor. Sessions with the tutor were pretty irregular and were mostly just about paperwork stuff which wasn't how I imagined having a personal tutor was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending