The Student Room Group

Step up to social work cohort 7 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellerz29
My book arrived today, got this one! image-d982bf9f-1257-4641-a2a7-ae867e5c503b1613925294430941223-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Ooo let me know what this is like! I might buy too!
Hi All I have just applied for this cohort and I'm now starting to panic incase I have the wrong GSCE that is needed. I have a grade C in GCSE English Literature but a grade D in GCSE English (speaking and listening). Does it matter that I only have GCSE English lit? Thanks Emma
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 202
Original post by Emmam2885
Hi All I have just applied for this cohort and I'm not starting to panic incase I have the wrong GSCE that is needed. I have a grade C in GCSE English Literature but a grade D in GCSE English (speaking and listening). Does it matter that I only have GCSE English lit? Thanks Emma

The FAQ section states:

12) I have GCSE English Literature at the required grade, does this meet the requirements?

GCSE English Literature is not accepted.
I believe English literature does not count but there should be another English as the speaking and listening is separate?
Was it AQA? My English was listed as B , then the line beneath speaking and listening A*. My English lit was further down the transcript .
Original post by MissBs
The FAQ section states:

12) I have GCSE English Literature at the required grade, does this meet the requirements?

GCSE English Literature is not accepted.

Damit..thank you. I do have key skills level 2 in communication and think that could be equivalent but I haven't put it in my application. I wonder when we will hear when Capita have screened the applications??
Reply 206
Damit..thank you. I do have key skills level 2 in communication and think that could be equivalent but I haven't put it in my application. I wonder when we will hear when Capita have screened the applications??

Just send Capita an email. I had to ask about something and they got back to me really quickly. Good luck =]
Reply 207
Woke up to an email from the partnership I've applied to.

"We will be holding our shortlisting days towards the end of May 2021, therefore you will receive no further updates on your application until the end of May / first week in June 2021 at the earliest. It is anticipated that we will be holding virtual interviews (due to Covid-19 regulations) for successful candidates during July 2021."

It's going to be a longgg wait.
Do you mind me asking which partnership?
This is an application form question. Mine has been submitted but it seems I still have an Edit function on categories like Employment History. Does this mean that changes can be made? I feel I would like to, having reflected, add more, but I'm not sure it should be tampered with once submitted. But if noone is looking at it for a number of weeks, is that an option that's available to us? Any knowledge gratefully received.
Reply 210
Original post by dollywashers
Do you mind me asking which partnership?

South Coast.
I believe they were one of the latest last time so hopefully other partnerships won't have quite as long to wait. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
@MissBs ahhh that does feel like a long wait. I was hoping to hear before the end of April. Is the virtual interviews the assessment centre stage or is that different?
Reply 212
Original post by Millie259
@MissBs ahhh that does feel like a long wait. I was hoping to hear before the end of April. Is the virtual interviews the assessment centre stage or is that different?

I think they are saying the virtual interviews will be instead of the assessment centre, due to covid. But each partnership may be different.
Which partnership have you applied to?
Original post by luckymoray
This is an application form question. Mine has been submitted but it seems I still have an Edit function on categories like Employment History. Does this mean that changes can be made? I feel I would like to, having reflected, add more, but I'm not sure it should be tampered with once submitted. But if noone is looking at it for a number of weeks, is that an option that's available to us? Any knowledge gratefully received.

Given that there was a deadline, and they are currently being read by panels for a short listing meeting. I think it’s a big no no. Half the panel could end up reading a different application? And they might just dismiss your application.
The East Midlands are doing the whole assessment centre online I think. You have to be available for the whole day.
Reply 215
Original post by luckymoray

I edited my previous employment section. They should remove the edit option if they don't want you to change anything..
Original post by MissBs
Just send Capita an email. I had to ask about something and they got back to me really quickly. Good luck =]

I've had a reply from Capita today and I can use the level 2 key skills in communication as an equivalent..thank goodness. I would have been gutted if I couldn't apply.
You should not edit any section once it has been sent in.
Reply 218
I've had a reply from Capita today and I can use the level 2 key skills in communication as an equivalent..thank goodness. I would have been gutted if I couldn't apply.

Woo hoo. Happy for you. 😊🤞🏻😊🤞🏻
Reply 219
Original post by dollywashers
You should not edit any section once it has been sent in.

I have never known an application retain its edit button following the closing date. It is unusual.

Quick Reply

Latest