The Student Room Group

Step up to social work cohort 7 2022

Scroll to see replies

Anyone on the West London AC today? Think I’ve done okay, but my role play wasn’t the best!
I’ve just been sent some info for Greater Lancashire AC regarding how the day will run
Original post by Sambomai
I felt I did ok yesturday but I know I messed up the written task so as we found out u have to pass each parts to be successful i m sure I won't be getting a place either :frown:

How have you found out what it was you needed to do to pass? I felt I like I did alright but who knows 🤷*♀️🤣
Original post by 91oldie
I am East Mids and doing the AC tomorrow. It is the final one, so I’m guessing people will start to hear after that. Think I read August time somewhere- Good Luck!

Good luck, I hope it goes well
Original post by olivia.crozier2
How have you found out what it was you needed to do to pass? I felt I like I did alright but who knows 🤷*♀️🤣

In the Q&A at the end of the assessment day they said that there is a benchmark you have to meet to be successful. You are scored on each activity.
Original post by BonnieAndree
Me too!!!! Which LA?

I am South-East with Central Beds Council.

xx
Original post by kyorke01
Thank you for your reply! Can’t believe that I didn’t even realise, but it was in date when I submitted my application in March so just put it to the back of my mind until today.

I emailed capital today and didn’t get a very helpful reply, have emailed my regional coordinator to see if they can help too.

Did you enter your passport details on your application? Surely if it was going to be a problem they should've said something at the time.

I'm sure it will be ok.
For anyone who did the South London assessment today, how did it go for you? Could someone remind when they said we'd find out?
Original post by olivia.crozier2
It sounds like everyone London area are hearing first lol, they might have been interviewed first - I’m waiting hear from West Midlands

Hi Olivia,

We are not London, we are Home Counties. Not sure why we are hearing so soon as we were told during AC that we would find out in July. (well I was anyway).

I'm sure you will hear something very soon.

Keeping everything crossed for you.

Amanda
x
Original post by Jessruth92
In the Q&A at the end of the assessment day they said that there is a benchmark you have to meet to be successful. You are scored on each activity.

Oh yes I know this! Sorry, I thought you meant that you were told what the correct answers were - I read it wrong, apologies.
Should I have been sent a link if my written assessment is tomorrow afternoon. I'm North East LA's. Thanks 😊
Original post by alkhansa
For anyone who did the South London assessment today, how did it go for you? Could someone remind when they said we'd find out?

I did my AC yesterday, didn't go as well I had hoped not because its hard it was actually an enjoyable day but I really waffled and went off topic. They said we would hear back week commencing the 19th July.
Original post by Emmam2885
Should I have been sent a link if my written assessment is tomorrow afternoon. I'm North East LA's. Thanks 😊

Yes you should have received a link this morning. If its not in your junk mail I would contact the company via email or call first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck with the written test.
Original post by chocolatprincess
Yes you should have received a link this morning. If its not in your junk mail I would contact the company via email or call first thing tomorrow morning. Good luck with the written test.

Thank you... who do I contact?

*edit* I've found it thank you 😊
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by amandajane52
I am South-East with Central Beds Council.

xx

Aw okay I’m with Oxfordshire Council! Congratulations on getting through! Xx
Original post by kyorke01
A couple questions if anyone can help?

How do I confirm my attendance for the written assessment? It doesn’t say on the email who I should contact but it’s on Thursday and now I’m worried I won’t be able to do it!

Also, my passport expired in May (I thought it was next year) of this year so will I still be able to use that as evidence for my Group 1?

Hi, if your passport has expired that mean its not valid. I will advice you have an allternative one probably your Biometric Resident Permit.
Best of luck.
Original post by donjando
Wirral, Cheshire crewe etc have been told that we will probably not hear before the end of July

Im applying for Cheshire East and I was told we would know around mid July
(edited 2 years ago)
Hopefully it will be mid July, i have my written assessment tomorrow.
Original post by donjando
Hopefully it will be mid July, i have my written assessment tomorrow.

I have mine today too, we are the last day of assessments so they will start deciding after today hopefully!!
Good luck hope it goes ok for you 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest