The Student Room Group

Step up to social work cohort 7 2022

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if its MMU or Salford university that Yorkshire students are taught by?

*Just found out it's Salford for Yorkshire LAs* - It says on their websites placement schedules are March-July (70 day placement) and September-February (100 day placement)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 161
Hey everyone. Hope you’re all keeping safe and well!
Has anyone applied from Northamptonshire? I submitted my application last week but have just panicked seeing other comments about the Uni part... I assumed that Northampton Uni would be where we’d study but now I’m not so sure as it looks like Nottingham Uni is the central one.... Does anybody know at all?
Best of luck with your applications! X
Some partnerships are still accepting applications, extended till 14th April
Original post by Millie259

Has this been announced on the step up website?
Original post by Millie259

Really? I know the one I applied to closed on the 6th April rather than the 7th x
Reply 165
Original post by Laura25x
Has this been announced on the step up website?

On the gov website this has been added -

In some regions, the application deadline has been extended. The step up to social work website will have further details.

Then on the apply section you can see who is closed and who has extended.
Original post by Louisap59
Really? I know the one I applied to closed on the 6th April rather than the 7th x

Is that the Yorkshire one?
Original post by MissBs
On the gov website this has been added -

In some regions, the application deadline has been extended. The step up to social work website will have further details.

Then on the apply section you can see who is closed and who has extended.

Thank you, just checked it out x
Original post by howemollys94
Is that the Yorkshire one?

Yeh :smile:, I wonder why others have been extended.
I feel like there hasn’t been that much publicity for this cohort. Maybe those areas haven’t had much interest? I’m curious to know why some have been extended too
Original post by Louisap59
Yeh :smile:, I wonder why others have been extended.

Didn't realise Yorkshire closed early! I'm really glad I got it in last minute on the 6th now. I can't find any info about how many people they've had in each LA previously either.
Original post by howemollys94
Didn't realise Yorkshire closed early! I'm really glad I got it in last minute on the 6th now. I can't find any info about how many people they've had in each LA previously either.

Weird isn't it! Maybe they had a lot of applicants? It says on the website they have have 89 spaces for this region this year. 34 in West & North Yorkshire partnership and 55 in Yorkshire and Humber partnership x
Hull have 10 places it's says on their website, unsure of elsewhere. Also read Yorkshire and the Humber have 55 places available.
Ohh how do you find out the information on how many places they have for each region. Does anyone know how many places Greater Manchester may have.
Original post by Ellerz29
Hull have 10 places it's says on their website, unsure of elsewhere. Also read Yorkshire and the Humber have 55 places available.

Hull have 10 places? Didn't know they had so little! I only saw the information for the 55 places for Yorkshire nd Humber haha.
Original post by Bumble2020
Ohh how do you find out the information on how many places they have for each region. Does anyone know how many places Greater Manchester may have.

I'm also curious about how many places Grater Manchester may have..
I just googled step up Hull city council, and the info was on their website 😊
I can’t believe they shut it early, that is really unfair. But I guess they have been extended some LAs because they did have a massive amount of applications?
(edited 3 years ago)
I don’t think they shut it early?
It hasn’t been shut early. The deadline for applications was the 7th April however some partnerships have extended their date to the 14th. You can see which partnerships have the extended date when you click on apply on the SUTSW website, maybe you could apply to one of those if you’re close enough.

Quick Reply

Latest