The Student Room Group

Are these work experiences good for law

Hi everyone so at the moment I’m in year 10 and I think that the work experiences and things I’ve found for law is actually quite good as I know it’s hard to find law related work experience at this age. What I am doing is this law chambers is offering a zoom call with their chamber director who will give more insight on barrister what they do and more related questions and how their chambers work. We can also ask a few questions and it will be happening soon as they are arranging it at the moment. Another one I found today was more work experience where it takes place for 2 weeks and you get to meet professionals get more insight and do work activity etc. You will get to add it to you cv and they will tell and help you get better communication skills tell you more about law. I haven’t got a response back from them yet as I’ve applied this morning but the other one I do and I know it’s going to happen. So are these great work experiences that I have if I do them both and should I put the first one with the zoom call on my cv as it’s just talking to a professional and gaining some knowledge and insight? Is their anywhere else I can look for possible year 10 work experiences for law? Any help?
Contrary to popular belief, if you're wanting to study law at university, you don't actually need work experience at this point. So really, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it now.

Carry on with what you're doing if you do want some insight to see if it is the right career path for you, other than that focus on your grades. Work experience becomes more of a necessity at university level.
Reply 2
Okay thank you I know that work experience is not needed but laws a competitive field and I would like to get some work experience to help my chances in getting into top universities like Cambridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending