The Student Room Group

Examples of markets becoming contestable in recent years

Hello!! Does anyone have an example of an industry/firm that's likely to become more contestable in recent years? I would appreciate anything
I’d say supermarkets. Due to covid and general trends supermarket shopping is becoming more online - making the market’s information greater available to everyone. Barriers to entry and exit are also lowering due to the online shopping from covid (e.g Ocado don’t have the high start up costs of building physical shops). There are potential entrants from other countries (think aldi and lidl).
Original post by Emilyroseee59
I’d say supermarkets. Due to covid and general trends supermarket shopping is becoming more online - making the market’s information greater available to everyone. Barriers to entry and exit are also lowering due to the online shopping from covid (e.g Ocado don’t have the high start up costs of building physical shops). There are potential entrants from other countries (think aldi and lidl).

Thank u so much, I appreciate it. I'm sorry to be a pain but I already have this example down :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest