The Student Room Group

Can I teach myself GCSE maths while doing A-levels?

I feel like I've forgotten quite a lot of the GCSE maths content and I want to go over it again then hopefully teach myself A-level maths afterwards.

I'll be using the CGP revision and student book and the Edexcel higher student book. I don't really have an interest in watching videos to learn.
it is definitely doable, due to my a level teachers not being the best, I ended up teaching myself all of pure and mechanics A level, (we don't talk about statistics 😂) but if you need any help I'm happy to help
Original post by Joshwoods01
it is definitely doable, due to my a level teachers not being the best, I ended up teaching myself all of pure and mechanics A level, (we don't talk about statistics 😂) but if you need any help I'm happy to help

Thank you so much!
Original post by Stark°3000
Thank you so much!

I managed to get an A* in my pure paper and a C in my mechanics, however stats brought my overall down to a C because I got a U in it, but any topics you need help on just send me a message and I'll go through it with you
I managed to get an A* in my pure paper and a C in my mechanics, however stats brought my overall down to a C because I got a U in it, but any topics you need help on just send me a message and I'll go through it with you

Once again, thank you for your help! 😁
Do you reckon I could teach myself GCSE Physics with the AQA student book or Computer Science?
Once again, thank you for your help! 😁
Do you reckon I could teach myself GCSE Physics with the AQA student book or Computer Science?

If you have the time then yeah it can definitely be done, I'm currently re-learning A level physics in between uni, so again I can also help with that too
If you have the time then yeah it can definitely be done, I'm currently re-learning A level physics in between uni, so again I can also help with that too

I'll probably do Physics then Computer Science right after Maths.
Okay so Imma get to it! I hope you have a great time at Uni 😊
Thank you :h:
I'll probably do Physics then Computer Science right after Maths.
Okay so Imma get to it! I hope you have a great time at Uni 😊
Thank you :h:

sounds good! And thank you! good luck with your studies

Quick Reply

Latest