The Student Room Group

GCSE chemistry questions help!!!

HELPPPP pls

Scroll to see replies

im dying pls help :angry:
I'm not allowed to tell you the answers so....

for the 2 marker. They remove some of the product, so there's a lower conc. of product to reactant. Using Le Chat's principle you should know that whatever you do the system, the system will counteract it (like a see-saw), so what will the system do in response to a lower conc of the product?

For the 4 marker, it's a moles question. Work out the mols of the CaO and then using the ratio and the Mr of CaSO3 to calculate the mass of it
I've seen you on many threads telling other people how ashamed they should feel for cheating and even for asking help on threads on TSR but you proceed to do the same thing...
(edited 3 years ago)
hope that helps! Tbh, I was terrible at the calculations at GCSE, got a 5 on that test, but looking back on it, they're not that bad :laugh:
Original post by Aristrocat
I've seen you on many threads telling other people how ashamed they should feel for cheating and even for help on threads on TSR but you proceed to do the same thing...

THIS IS homework from my tutor what r u on about
Original post by Bookworm_88
hope that helps! Tbh, I was terrible at the calculations at GCSE, got a 5 on that test, but looking back on it, they're not that bad :laugh:

Thank youuuu!!!!!!
Original post by ruqaiyahhhx
Thank youuuu!!!!!!

you're welcome..if there's anything else don't hesitate to ask :smile:
THIS IS homework from my tutor what r u on about

So do it yourself, show us or explain what you think you should do, and then ask for help. People like you are the reason grade inflation will exist. I wouldn't be saying this but I've seen you on numerous threads putting people down for doing this and then proceed to do the same thing...
I'm not allowed to tell you the answers so....

For the 4 marker, it's a moles question. Work out the mols of the CaO and then using the ratio and the Mr of CaSO3 to calculate the mass of it

mass = number of moles × relative formula mass
IM SO CONFUSED aghh
Original post by Aristrocat
So do it yourself, show us or explain what you think you should do, and then ask for help. People like you are the reason grade inflation will exist. I wouldn't be saying this but I've seen you on numerous threads putting people down for doing this and then proceed to do the same thing...

i can ask for help if i need it.... youre not a mod or anything so i dont even know why youre telling me what I should do on tsr lmao. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? thats because theyre asking for 2020 papers that are locked what do you want me to do say oh sh*t here you go , make the grade bounderies higher for us all. Im only asking for help on a f*cking question not asking for papers. get off my thread
Will it be legal to post the answer?

Spoiler

Original post by JAckieee.chan
Will it be legal to post the answer?

Spoiler

HOW? i need to understand it lmao !!! could you please explain :smile:
I'm not going to outright give you the answer but here is the method you would have to use to find it;

n = m/M
number of moles = mass / molar mass

Well you only know the mass of CaO so far as that's all the question has given you...
You should know your molar mass by relative atomic mass given to you on the question

So put those numbers into your equation.
...then you know the number of CaO moles.

But since the question is asking for mass of CaSO3, you need to use this information you've deduced and find the mass.
e.g. 1 mol of CaO. Since its a 1:1 ratio (1 mol of CaO, 1 mol of CaSO3), then there would be 1 mol of CaSO3.

Once you know the number of moles of CaSO3, you then use the equation again given above but this time to find the mass of CaSO3.
mass = number of moles × relative formula mass
IM SO CONFUSED aghh

yep that's right :yep:
yep that's right :yep:

okay after that idk what to do lmao :/
i can ask for help if i need it.... youre not a mod or anything so i dont even know why youre telling me what I should do on tsr lmao. WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT? thats because theyre asking for 2020 papers that are locked what do you want me to do say oh sh*t here you go , make the grade bounderies higher for us all. Im only asking for help on a f*cking question not asking for papers. get off my thread

Ah, the grade boundaries are set on a national scale, so a small minority won't affect it.
okay after that idk what to do lmao :/

just follow what greg posted :smile: he broke it down, step by step
Find the mole of cao, by using the mass and relative mass. The molar ratio is 1:1. So the mole of cao=mole of caso3. Use the formula, mass =relative mass x mole.

I might be wrong though. Lol take 2nd opinion.
Original post by gregdixon2021
I'm not going to outright give you the answer but here is the method you would have to use to find it;

n = m/M
number of moles = mass / molar mass

Well you only know the mass of CaO so far as that's all the question has given you...
You should know your molar mass by relative atomic mass given to you on the question

So put those numbers into your equation.
...then you know the number of CaO moles.

But since the question is asking for mass of CaSO3, you need to use this information you've deduced and find the mass.
e.g. 1 mol of CaO. Since its a 1:1 ratio (1 mol of CaO, 1 mol of CaSO3), then there would be 1 mol of CaSO3.

Once you know the number of moles of CaSO3, you then use the equation again given above but this time to find the mass of CaSO3.

prsom thank you so much!!
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Find the mole of cao, by using the mass and relative mass. The molar ratio is 1:1. So the mole of cao=mole of caso3. Use the formula, mass =relative mass x mole.

I might be wrong though. Lol take 2nd opinion.

thank youuuuuu!!1
just follow what greg posted :smile: he broke it down, step by step

thanks for the helpp :smile:!!

Quick Reply

Latest