The Student Room Group

Warwick Business School

I have an offer from MSc Business with Accounting and Finance ( Warwick Business School ), I initially applied to a different programme but was offered this instead. I also have an MSc Finance and Economics offer from Durham. what should I choose ? Please help me out.
Reply 1
Hi there, I'd definitely go for WBS as they have good industry connections. I also believe they have a better reputation on the job market than Durham. The campus looks nice too.
Original post by linasterix
I have an offer from MSc Business with Accounting and Finance ( Warwick Business School ), I initially applied to a different programme but was offered this instead. I also have an MSc Finance and Economics offer from Durham. what should I choose ? Please help me out.

It will depend on what you want to do after your MSc.

If you want to become an economist, the degree from Durham is the better choice.
If you want to be an accountant, then go for the degree from Warwick, as it will allow you to have exemptions (if you study specific modules) for modules in professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA).

Otherwise, there aren't really that much advantage to either unless you want to do research in finance, business, or economics.
Reply 3
Original post by Hunch
Hi there, I'd definitely go for WBS as they have good industry connections. I also believe they have a better reputation on the job market than Durham. The campus looks nice too.

Hey there, thank you for your response but I feel the programme at WBS is seemed more like a foundation course and I worried if ill be able to secure a job plus i'm an international student.
Reply 4
Original post by MindMax2000
It will depend on what you want to do after your MSc.

If you want to become an economist, the degree from Durham is the better choice.
If you want to be an accountant, then go for the degree from Warwick, as it will allow you to have exemptions (if you study specific modules) for modules in professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA).

Otherwise, there aren't really that much advantage to either unless you want to do research in finance, business, or economics.

Thank you.
Original post by linasterix

Hello @linasterix

Congratulations on your offer to study MSc Business with Accounting and Finance at WBS! If there is anything, in particular, you would like to know about the course or what it's like to study at WBS then please feel free to ask me :smile:

Francesca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending