The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

I want to leave society

The world is so ****ed, you’re a slave to schools, then universities, then employers and the government. Every single countries governing bodies are corrupt and benefit the 0.1 percent. I just want to leave, my friends and family are being exploited and it hurts; but you can’t escape because this **** is everywhere. Where can I go?

Scroll to see replies

What’s your ideal society?
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
What’s your ideal society?

Honestly I couldn’t say because it’s such a complex topic. Although to put it simply, one that doesn’t permit businesses and those in power to exploit our environment and the vulnerable, obviously the world is not perfect; but we just let these people trample on us without putting up any kind of fight?
Original post by Anonymous
The world is so ****ed, you’re a slave to schools, then universities, then employers and the government. Every single countries governing bodies are corrupt and benefit the 0.1 percent. I just want to leave, my friends and family are being exploited and it hurts; but you can’t escape because this **** is everywhere. Where can I go?

Scandanavia
this society is one big joke.
Reply 5
I’m not trying to make some kind of statement, I’m genuinely unhappy and want to find anywhere that could allow me to actually enjoy my life. If you’re not going to be helpful **** off and go back to your 9-5.
fed up of out generation too, most ppl of gen-z r such snowflakes and are so overally sensitive its such bs
the others r so disrespectful and r causing harm to innocent people
smh
Reply 7
Original post by the_pharaoh
Scandanavia

Thanks for the heads up, Scandinavia looks a lot fairer than other countries right off the bat; I’ll do some proper research though. Thanks again.
Reply 8
fed up of out generation too, most ppl of gen-z r such snowflakes and are so overally sensitive its such bs
the others r so disrespectful and r causing harm to innocent people
smh

Gen-Z can be pretty annoying for sure; but even then I still prefer them to pensioners
Reply 9
hi comrade! i see ur a communist too x
Original post by Yaziyazi
hi comrade! i see ur a communist too x

thats not the answer either, the same crap we have now would happen.
It is the way of the west unfortunately; at least if you have money you can do fun **** with it
Original post by Garnettoi
It is the way of the west unfortunately; at least if you have money you can do fun **** with it

thats just it init, "if u have money".
Ah, me too.
Original post by jack456789
thats just it init, "if u have money".

Well you don’t need millions and billions, £50k a year is enough to have quite a good standard of living in the U.K. and that’s achievable by everyone
Well you don’t need millions and billions, £50k a year is enough to have quite a good standard of living in the U.K. and that’s achievable by everyone

No its not. The whole point of Capitalism is to create wealth by exploiting labour. That sum is twice the average national wage and up to for times the income of someone on the NMW.

Also in London that wont get a mortgage on a studio flat for that.
No its not. The whole point of Capitalism is to create wealth by exploiting labour. That sum is twice the average national wage and up to for times the income of someone on the NMW.

Also in London that wont get a mortgage on a studio flat for that.

Then either get a better paying job or move to a part of the country where cost of living is lower? £50k up north and in most of Scotland is plenty
Then either get a better paying job or move to a part of the country where cost of living is lower? £50k up north and in most of Scotland is plenty

Indeed.

Except most if the population is concentrated in the centre and southwards.
Indeed.

Except most if the population is concentrated in the centre and southwards.

So? There are jobs that pay 50k a year in the north and Scotland
So? There are jobs that pay 50k a year in the north and Scotland

But you said that "£50k a year is enough to have quite a good standard of living in the U.K. and that’s achievable by everyone"

Even though it isnt routinely achievable and particularly in areas away from the south.

By the time you throw in other factors, aside from geography, like gender, class and race, it's looking even patchier.

And also, not particularly inspiring for the OP who wants to turn their back on society.

Latest