The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Also with the presentation is it just verbal or do we have to prepare a powerpoint or something? I seen this thread and all previous years are saying they make a powerpoint/brought in a picture? Sorry for all the questions I’m just really nervous and don’t want to under prepare.
Original post by apple5auce02
Also with the presentation is it just verbal or do we have to prepare a powerpoint or something? I seen this thread and all previous years are saying they make a powerpoint/brought in a picture? Sorry for all the questions I’m just really nervous and don’t want to under prepare.

Well my interview is in 20mins and I havent made a presentation or anything. I'm just gonna talk lol
Original post by apple5auce02

its just a verbal presentation, people are confused because you used to do a poster but not this time
For the certificates, is it ok if they have a .pdf at the end of the file name?
Original post by professorAF
For the certificates, is it ok if they have a .pdf at the end of the file name?

That means its in a PDF form:smile:
Just did my interview. Not too bad tbf. Some stations were challenging but others I think I did well in. Now we play the waiting game 🙄
welcome to the team
Original post by dnejfn
Just did my interview. Not too bad tbf. Some stations were challenging but others I think I did well in. Now we play the waiting game 🙄

I have mine in an hour. Were the interviewers nice and welcoming or did they just blankly listen to your answers? Congrats on the interview and good luck in the next steps :smile:)
Original post by dnejfn

Well done! Best of luck :hugs:
well done to those that did their interviews, I have mine this week and I'm struggling with the personal presentation because I know its supposed to be about why would you make a good medical student / doctor but somehow my presentation turns into a why I want to do medicine speech and i dont know what to do
Original post by ash767
well done to those that did their interviews, I have mine this week and I'm struggling with the personal presentation because I know its supposed to be about why would you make a good medical student / doctor but somehow my presentation turns into a why I want to do medicine speech and i dont know what to do

literally same
Original post by ash767

make sure you talk about specific qualities you have and say why its good for a doctor to have those qualities or why that quality would benefit your career. instead of saying why you want to do something explain why your passion, interest or specific skill in that thing is beneficial to a career as a doctor
Do you need to dress smart for the Blackboard practise sessions? Do people keep their cameras on?
Original post by potatoslices
Do you need to dress smart for the Blackboard practise sessions? Do people keep their cameras on?

when i had mine, they did ask to put the camera on and i wasn’t prepared so i’d dress normally like not in pjs or something. they put u in breakout rooms to test audio and video. hope that helps xx
Did people get sent an email telling them what each station is? My interview is a week tomorrow and I've still not been told anything. All I know is one station is a 3-minute presentation. Please help! Not sure whether I need to email them asking for the questions.
Original post by CAD2003
Did people get sent an email telling them what each station is? My interview is a week tomorrow and I've still not been told anything. All I know is one station is a 3-minute presentation. Please help! Not sure whether I need to email them asking for the questions.

The 3-minute presentation is the only one that you should know, what the rest of the stations consist of will be unknown until you actually do your interview! :smile:
Original post by WTSBLG
The 3-minute presentation is the only one that you should know, what the rest of the stations consist of will be unknown until you actually do your interview! :smile:

Thank you for replying, that's so good to know. I was worried I'd missed out on a really important email lol!!
Original post by CAD2003
Thank you for replying, that's so good to know. I was worried I'd missed out on a really important email lol!!

No worries! I haven't done my interview yet either but you could always just search up on their website what they could ask (motivation, personal attributes, things like that), and you should be able to find previous questions and stations that came up in the years before on other websites. Good luck for your interview next week! :biggrin:
Original post by ash767

Wait so is the presentation basically answering the question “why would you make a good med student/doctor?” Where did you find this information? Because in the email it just says speak about experience etc they didn’t specify exactly what you’re answering
For my GCSE certificate i uploaded my results paper that you get on results day because no one from my school got given GCSE certificates is that fine? (I did wjec if that helps)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending