The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

I’ve applied for Leicester, my score is 59 but my A Levels were achieved in 2019 so according to their website I wouldn’t be given a guaranteed interview and would be considered the same as a predicted grades candidate, as they were achieved more than two years ago.
However I haven’t heard anything since I applied.
If the March interview dates are just for the guaranteed interview candidates does this mean I’m not likely to get an interview? Would it be worth emailing or shall I wait and see if I get an interview in March anyway?
i got an interview today :smile:
Original post by anon17178

congrats! what date was this for if you don't mind me asking
Original post by macromed
congrats! what date was this for if you don't mind me asking

posted this last week unsure why it posted again haha but its for Feb 1
My partner is a graduate and he was rejected today - I thought they were 'achieved grades' status and guaranteed interview but apparently not.
Original post by anon17178

Congratulations!! What was your score, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Subi2254
Congratulations!! What was your score, if you don't mind me asking?

thank you! and 58
Reply 1187
hi all,

i'm a little confused, i've seen a lot of people saying the next batch of interviews is the last in march and they're only for achieved candidates?
i'm a home applicant with predicted grades and a score of 57 so i'm kinda worried haha
Original post by dido_
hi all,

i'm a little confused, i've seen a lot of people saying the next batch of interviews is the last in march and they're only for achieved candidates?
i'm a home applicant with predicted grades and a score of 57 so i'm kinda worried haha

I don't think the March interviews are exclusively for achieved grade students (but I could be very wrong though!), there might just be a higher proportion of achieved grades :smile:
Reply 1189
Original post by WTSBLG
I don't think the March interviews are exclusively for achieved grade students (but I could be very wrong though!), there might just be a higher proportion of achieved grades :smile:

ah ty!
Hiya, I am taking a gap year after all my rejections :redface: . I was just looking at some unis to apply strategically this year and I just saw on Leicester website that if you have achieved a levels AAA and a specific UCAT, you are guaranteed an interview, is that actually the case?
Yep it's true. You need a UCAT in the top 5 deciles and I believe you should have sat the A-levels within two years of applying. Even though lots of people apply because of this, don't let it discourage you, at least you know you'll definitely get one interview next year. And definitely keep researching to apply strategically, can't recommend it enough! :smile:
Original post by Ellome
Yep it's true. You need a UCAT in the top 5 deciles and I believe you should have sat the A-levels within two years of applying. Even though lots of people apply because of this, don't let it discourage you, at least you know you'll definitely get one interview next year. And definitely keep researching to apply strategically, can't recommend it enough! :smile:

Thank you soo much for replying, I hope I stay as motivated I am right now.
Original post by batoolfatymah
Thank you soo much for replying, I hope I stay as motivated I am right now.

Before you apply next cycle, post your stats on the ‘Which Medical School Should You Apply To’ megathread. Ganfyd and TCL will be able to advise you as to strategic choices. Focus on your A-Levels for now - best of luck!!
Original post by MarkPF
My partner is a graduate and he was rejected today - I thought they were 'achieved grades' status and guaranteed interview but apparently not.

@GANFYD is a post-grad an achieved applicant? TIA
Original post by _Rusty_
@GANFYD is a post-grad an achieved applicant? TIA

No. They are a grad. Achieved status means A levels must have been done in the last 2 years
Original post by GANFYD
No. They are a grad. Achieved status means A levels must have been done in the last 2 years

Ok, thank you:smile:

Sorry @MarkPF but as GANFYD has said, because your partner is a grad and not of 'achieved' applicant status he was not guaranteed an interview. Best of luck with the rest of their application:smile:
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Before you apply next cycle, post your stats on the ‘Which Medical School Should You Apply To’ megathread. Ganfyd and TCL will be able to advise you as to strategic choices. Focus on your A-Levels for now - best of luck!!

Okay, Thank you
Wait have all achieved applicants(who have achieved the a level grade) already got interview offers? I’m a achieved applicant and I still haven’t heard anything regarding an interview, should I be concerned?
Original post by fas3000
Wait have all achieved applicants(who have achieved the a level grade) already got interview offers? I’m a achieved applicant and I still haven’t heard anything regarding an interview, should I be concerned?

Nope, I'm waiting too. We wait until march :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending