The Student Room Group

Getting into a top uni for postrad without a prestigious bsc

Yes, it's possible.

Getting into a top uni for postrad without a prestigious bsc

Yes, it's possible.
Reply 1
It's quite obvious, no?
Reply 2
It's still worth something lol. At the very minimum, it reinforces the fact that they've worked extremely hard.
Reply 3
It would be, yes.
The main issue with going from a bad UG to a top PG course is that the course content won't progress seamlessly. For example if you study topics ABC in your low ranked UG degree and the uni your going to reached topics ABCDE in their UG, then their postgraduate degree assumes you'll have covered ABCDE when teaching which can often be the biggest problem when significantly upgrading your uni
Original post by BenRyan99
The main issue with going from a bad UG to a top PG course is that the course content won't progress seamlessly. For example if you study topics ABC in your low ranked UG degree and the uni your going to reached topics ABCDE in their UG, then their postgraduate degree assumes you'll have covered ABCDE when teaching which can often be the biggest problem when significantly upgrading your uni

two week old thread boss
Original post by HoldThisL
two week old thread boss

Funnily enough I wasn't seeking your approval

well you certainly weren't gaining anything else
well you certainly weren't gaining anything else

Surely the point of posting on forums is mostly to help others, I'm not seeking to gain anything
Surely the point of posting on forums is mostly to help others, I'm not seeking to gain anything

exactly, and I don't think your op is going to see this
exactly, and I don't think your op is going to see this

They may or may not, who cares. It's also a question often asked so hopefully will be helpful for others. Not sure what your problem is lol, what's it got to do with you

Damn, go easy on him, lol.

It is possible in the same way that few individuals from non-targets have broken into investment banking. However, going to a prestigious university for undergrad significantly increases your chances of getting into a prestigious university for postgrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending