The Student Room Group

UAL or East London for Animation?

Hi,

I am currently deciding which university would be better for me in the future for animation! I've heard mixed reviews for both universities but I can't seem to find a final decision. Apparently East London is more on the traditional side. Any advice for me? Anyone who has gone to either, what is it like?
Original post by mistasguns
Hi,

I am currently deciding which university would be better for me in the future for animation! I've heard mixed reviews for both universities but I can't seem to find a final decision. Apparently East London is more on the traditional side. Any advice for me? Anyone who has gone to either, what is it like?

Hi @mistasguns,

Choosing the right university is definitely a very important decision to make and I would suggest looking at the course curriculum in detail for both the places will really help you in making the right choice for yourself. Look up the tutors, most places always offer details about them, look at student work of alumni, try getting in touch with them through LinkedIn and ask them about their experience, look at the facilities both the universities offer, and also pay attention to industry links offered on graduation. All of these will definitely help you in understanding whose style of work you like more and would add to your skillset.

If you can, attend an online open day at the universities so you can get a flavour of the place and a quick insight into what studying at Ual might be like.

Hope these pointers help :smile:

Good Luck,
Ananya
Ual Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest