The Student Room Group

Help me choose a university please help

Hello, so basically long story short I am inbetween the University of Bristol and the University of Nottingham for Law. Obviously, UOB is more prestigious than UON however, I'm kind of put off by the high depression and suicide rates in UOB. But then again, the law course is more widely recognised that of UON's. Despite being less prestigious, I much prefer the campus of UON and I like that there are more international students in the uni.
But the thing is I have a guaranteed place in bristol, but if I choose to go to nottingham I would have to apply again next year (2022 entry).
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
So are you choosing between two universities but you only have an offer for one?

If you applied to Nottingham this year and were rejected then what improvements have you made for your application? If you did apply and were rejected and completed no improvements then it is reasonable to assume you will be rejected next year as well.

Do you suffer with poor mental health? If you don't, then don't read much into the suicide and depression rates of a university - this can be down to a multitude of factors. It is highly likely that in 1 year most universities have 0-1 suicides. If Bristol has 3 suicides then it is triple the amount of any other uni but in perspective it is still a very small percentage. If poor mental health does effect you then look at the support services at both universities and see what is available to you - one university may be able to support you better than the other. I would suggest that if Bristol has poor statistics and had more suicides recently than most universities and this is highlighted, then more money will be funnelled into their services.

You can say that there are more international students at the university BUT - what impact does this have on you? Certain subjects will attract more international students purely because a large majority attend UK universities for the employability so they will not be studying the more niche courses or anything will low employability, simply for the love of learning. You're not going to be friends with every international student on campus and so if there are 10 international students at a university you might be friends with all 10, if there are 100 international students at a university, realistically you might be friends with about 10.
go Bristol. keep happy
Original post by daisywaffles
Hello, so basically long story short I am inbetween the University of Bristol and the University of Nottingham for Law. Obviously, UOB is more prestigious than UON however, I'm kind of put off by the high depression and suicide rates in UOB. But then again, the law course is more widely recognised that of UON's. Despite being less prestigious, I much prefer the campus of UON and I like that there are more international students in the uni.
But the thing is I have a guaranteed place in bristol, but if I choose to go to nottingham I would have to apply again next year (2022 entry).
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

bristol isn't more prestigious that notts. not in this country anyway.
Original post by EU Yakov
why do you lot keep copy pasting that meme report when op's a literal child who hasn't even gotten onto a law course yet. or does this forum assume that everyone wants to work at muh MAGICK CERCLE FERMZ. fkn children.

deleted my comment
^^
sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending