The Student Room Group

Requirements for a course in Animation at London College of Communication

Hiya! I hope you are doing well :]

I’m enquiring on the topic of negotiation for an offer sent to me by UAL, for the course of BA Hons Animation that I applied for. To put this into context, I’m studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design currently and I was also studying GCSE English as I only achieved a 3 (or a D). My course required me to finish that GCSE with a pass, or I wouldn’t be able to achieve a merit.

Anyways, I applied for a place on the BA Hons Animation course at UAL, and received an offer after sending in my portfolio. If it’s even worth mentioning, there was no interview, at all, which was strange to me at the time, but I didn’t think much of it past that. I firmed this offer, along with insuring an offer from the University of Northampton for their BA Hons Illustration course. Both are conditional, and I respect both unis highly, I only chose London over Northampton due to status. The London offer states I must finish my course with a merit level pass, and the Northampton offer states I must complete my course with a merit level pass, and a pass on my English GCSE. I have failed my English GCSE and now am only capable of achieving a pass on my current course.

Is there anyway of negotiating with either uni, so I still may attend the courses I have applied for or am I dead in the water at this point? I am incredibly passionate about my art and my work, and although that means nothing in terms of academic grading, I would do almost anything to secure a full time place on one of these courses.

Thank you in advance for the help, I can provide a link to my current portfolio, which was used to apply for both units.
Original post by Elias.svarca
Hiya! I hope you are doing well :]

I’m enquiring on the topic of negotiation for an offer sent to me by UAL, for the course of BA Hons Animation that I applied for. To put this into context, I’m studying a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design currently and I was also studying GCSE English as I only achieved a 3 (or a D). My course required me to finish that GCSE with a pass, or I wouldn’t be able to achieve a merit.

Anyways, I applied for a place on the BA Hons Animation course at UAL, and received an offer after sending in my portfolio. If it’s even worth mentioning, there was no interview, at all, which was strange to me at the time, but I didn’t think much of it past that. I firmed this offer, along with insuring an offer from the University of Northampton for their BA Hons Illustration course. Both are conditional, and I respect both unis highly, I only chose London over Northampton due to status. The London offer states I must finish my course with a merit level pass, and the Northampton offer states I must complete my course with a merit level pass, and a pass on my English GCSE. I have failed my English GCSE and now am only capable of achieving a pass on my current course.

Is there anyway of negotiating with either uni, so I still may attend the courses I have applied for or am I dead in the water at this point? I am incredibly passionate about my art and my work, and although that means nothing in terms of academic grading, I would do almost anything to secure a full time place on one of these courses.

Thank you in advance for the help, I can provide a link to my current portfolio, which was used to apply for both units.

Hi @Elias.svarca

In regards to your question, I would recommend that you reach out to the London College of Communication admissions team under the course information header here - https://www.arts.ac.uk/colleges/london-college-of-communication/about-lcc/contact-us.

best of luck,
Thanseela

Quick Reply

Latest