The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Well done! I got an offer too for Adult Nursing and like you am surprised and delighted!! I am 45 so it it a big change for me. I didn't think I had a chance with my age so now I am having to weigh everything up!!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
It's great to see other mature students like myself (I'm 32) starting in september, it's been such a long stressful process and delighted to have got an offer x
I got an email today stating my score from my Nursing interview however it doesnt say what position i am on the waiting list! and that i will be considered for all branches. Grrr still no further forward!
Original post by specialk
I got on the reserve list for Adult nursing but not accepting or sending documents back. Got an unconditional for adult at Magee but the one I really wanted, Midwifery got a conditional offer!!!:biggrin:

well done you thats fantastic xx
Reply 3424
Original post by Nomnomnomii
Anyone get into Children's nursing? I did :biggrin:
Also what do we do about accommodation, like is there a certain place we have to stay?

Yeah I did but I just applied to elms. Think we can stay anywhere.
Original post by catherinec18
I got an email today stating my scI ore from my Nursing interview however it doesnt say what position i am on the waiting list! and that i will be considered for all branches. Grrr still no further forward!

I got the same email, and there is 304 reserve places at the moment. I have emailed back to see what the score to get a conditional offer was so hopefully that will be an indicator!
Reply 3426
I got that email too what scores have all of you on reserve got? My score was 37/50
I emailed on Friday and have no reply yet !!!!!
my score was 40/50... i wonder what the score was to get an offer?
Reply 3429
I emailed yesterday morning so was lucky to hear back so quickly but they didn't state what score was needed to get an offer so it will be good to hear What other people have got as this will give an indication of where we are sitting on the list xx
did you email nurse registry email - the one on the letter ?
Original post by EmmaD123
I emailed yesterday morning so was lucky to hear back so quickly but they didn't state what score was needed to get an offer so it will be good to hear What other people have got as this will give an indication of where we are sitting on the list xx

It would be alot better if they did give us that info so then we would have an idea of where we stand! Have you offers from anywhere else? x
Reply 3432
Original post by kramsey
Does anyone know if the BB/CCC A-Level offer in the propsectus still applies to people not studying a science? My letter only stated CCC but I'd be more confident in getting a BB. Thanks :smile:

I think it does, if you have a science subject you need CCD or BC or if you don't have a science subject i think its CCC or BB. Hope this helps read it from their prospectis :smile:
I got a score of 43. I emailed her back requesting what score the conditional offers got and she just goes 'as stated in my previous email there will be no further info regarding reserve list until after results verification'. She had forwarded an email telling someone else they got 44 so the conditional offer must be 45 or over
Sorry the reply to the other girl was for midwifery and there is 40 reserve places for that course. Did anyone get 44 or over for nursing?
Original post by Dublinnurse
Sorry the reply to the other girl was for midwifery and there is 40 reserve places for that course. Did anyone get 44 or over for nursing?

43 is fantastic, well done! I think im going to try and put it at the back of my mind! Im not sure how the reserve works now.. does it go by interview score soley or do they consider grades/ accademic qualifications etc
Original post by catherinec18
43 is fantastic, well done! I think im going to try and put it at the back of my mind! Im not sure how the reserve works now.. does it go by interview score soley or do they consider grades/ accademic qualifications etc

Thanks! Ye, 3 months of waiting is going to be difficult, just going to try and keep busy! My understanding is the interview score influences the position on the reserve list and they work their way down it!
Thanks! Ye, 3 months of waiting is going to be difficult, just going to try and keep busy! My understanding is the interview score influences the position on the reserve list and they work their way down it!

well hopefully we stand a good enough chance of being offered a place! But the fact there is 304 reserve places makes it quite difficult to imagine getting a place.

well hopefully we stand a good enough chance of being offered a place! But the fact there is 304 reserve places makes it quite difficult to imagine getting a place.
I emailed on thursday and yesterday again and still no reply! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending