The Student Room Group

CW: I don’t want to be 46kg :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ciel.
still, no amount of online posts/explanations will change how she feels about her body
perhaps they are real. but it's not like they affect everyone. i've been underweight most of my life, and i'm fine

Are you really fine? Your posts suggest otherwise sometimes.
Original post by Ciel.
still, no amount of online posts/explanations will change how she feels about her body
perhaps they are real. but it's not like they affect everyone. i've been underweight most of my life, and i'm fine

For sure, but it is also best not to encourage unhealthy behaviours.

You are a man so things are bit different due to your hormones. Saying that, osteoporosis doesn't have any symptoms until you break a bone so you can't know for sure you don't have that. And you have previously mentioned that you are anaemic - unless you a losing blood from somewhere, that is going to be entirely diet related, so clearly your diet does not provide you with enough nutrients (and yes, I know you don't eat meat but plenty of vegetarians manage to get enough iron through diet).
Reply 102
Original post by Vapordave
Are you really fine? Your posts suggest otherwise sometimes.

yeah. i mean i do have some mild deficiencies but that's only bc i havent really been paying much what i eat anymore, cooking is just too much trouble, and i dont like take aways

Original post by Anonymous
For sure, but it is also best not to encourage unhealthy behaviours.

You are a man so things are bit different due to your hormones. Saying that, osteoporosis doesn't have any symptoms until you break a bone so you can't know for sure you don't have that. And you have previously mentioned that you are anaemic - unless you a losing blood from somewhere, that is going to be entirely diet related, so clearly your diet does not provide you with enough nutrients (and yes, I know you don't eat meat but plenty of vegetarians manage to get enough iron through diet).

yeah but that's not really due to me being underweight, ive mostly been eating unhealthy stuff like cereal lately bc i'm lazy and everything feels like a waste of time and i'm just too tired
i'm not encouraging unhealthy behaviours, my post suggested a more practical approach? tbh i used to be more like you. like i would tell people about all those 'risks' and 'potential provblems'. but now, i see things in a completely different light. none of that stuff truly matters since death is inevitable anyway. sooner. later. it's not like you can make your preferences go away. so why live a lie?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
the thing is, her doctors would have already told her everything about those 'risks'
but all their threats/warnings don't really change anything for most people
telling her to gain weight won't help either

is that so? why being fat doesn't need to be controlled? it's bad for your health too

Again if you are too fat then it’s also unhealthy. Going to extreme weights like too skinny or too fat isn’t good for ones healthy
Reply 104
Original post by Ten-Ten
Again if you are too fat then it’s also unhealthy. Going to extreme weights like too skinny or too fat isn’t good for ones healthy

and yet it's only skinny people that forcibly get sectioned etc., morbidly obese people are allowed to do whatever they please
Original post by Ciel.
and yet it's only skinny people that forcibly get sectioned etc., morbidly obese people are allowed to do whatever they please

Well they can get hospitalised for heart attacks, cardiac arrest, may end up with diabetes type 2, typically have a short life span. Either ends of the scale are equally terrible
A teenager isn't able to weigh up information in the same way as an adult can though because their brains (especially the frontal lobes, which are responsible for planning and higher level function) are not fully developed yet, and this is compounded further by being underweight and malnourished. Until OP is an adult, people have to act in her best interests, whether she likes it or not.

And the risks are very real, I'm not sure why you are putting the word in quotient marks.

I’m very grateful that you guys care about me :smile: I feel very happy but I don’t want you arguing about this my main goal here is to get out of CAMHS
Original post by Ciel.
just do it, then you can lose that excess weight once you're out

Yh I was thinking of doing that but I don’t have a scale D:
They aren’t letting me go to school at all and I have so many of these appointments to go to they keep weighing me every week and keep making me do blood tests every 2 weeks I’ve had enough of it :frown:

Your current weight is dangerously low
It just isn't safe to let you go at the moment

Your health has to come first!only then will you have the energy to continue with everything else
Original post by WazzWazz98
Your current weight is dangerously low
It just isn't safe to let you go at the moment

Your health has to come first!only then will you have the energy to continue with everything else

They are thinking of doing school part time now :frown: but I want full time I’m so constantly sad now I just want my life back I feel so miserable

You're thinking of gaining when they let you out and then are wondering why they won't let you out. :dunce:

You need to change your mentality.
They are thinking of doing school part time now :frown: but I want full time I’m so constantly sad now I just want my life back I feel so miserable

When you've had such turmoil physically and mentally and had your life disrupted it's obvious that you'd want to return to normal asap

But medically speaking (and it's absolutely not your fault) your body just won't cope with such change all at once
It has to learn to do certain things again almost because your conditions have changed internally

Because of this anything done in haste could cause you to go even further backwards undoing what I am sure is tremendous progress for the team to be considering getting you back into school

There is no overnight solution unfortunately though
Original post by Sabertooth
You're thinking of gaining when they let you out and then are wondering why they won't let you out. :dunce:

You need to change your mentality.

Huh u don’t make sense?
When you've had such turmoil physically and mentally and had your life disrupted it's obvious that you'd want to return to normal asap

But medically speaking (and it's absolutely not your fault) your body just won't cope with such change all at once
It has to learn to do certain things again almost because your conditions have changed internally

Because of this anything done in haste could cause you to go even further backwards undoing what I am sure is tremendous progress for the team to be considering getting you back into school

There is no overnight solution unfortunately though

I hate CAMHS Is there any way I can leave it?

Don't do that, or listen to any advice from Ciel for that matter.
Huh u don’t make sense?

You just said that you're thinking of gaining weight when the opportunity (ie they stop monitoring you so closely) arises. Meanwhile, you are wondering why they won't stop monitoring you so closely. Your mentality needs to change and you need to stop trying to lose weight before they will let you go. If your whole plan is simply to lose weight when you go they will not release you.
I hate CAMHS Is there any way I can leave it?

Because of your age, no
It will be much quicker and easier to work with the system rather than against it
That's the quickest way you can go back to your normal routine
Original post by Sabertooth
You just said that you're thinking of gaining weight when the opportunity (ie they stop monitoring you so closely) arises. Meanwhile, you are wondering why they won't stop monitoring you so closely. Your mentality needs to change and you need to stop trying to lose weight before they will let you go. If your whole plan is simply to lose weight when you go they will not release you.

Original post by Vapordave
Don't do that, or listen to any advice from Ciel for that matter.

Kk
Because of your age, no
It will be much quicker and easier to work with the system rather than against it
That's the quickest way you can go back to your normal routine

What if I ask for discharge will they at least consider the idea or no?
What if I ask for discharge will they at least consider the idea or no?

No one here can answer that question. I don't understand why you don't just ask CAMHS about this - the worst thing that will happen is they will say no.

Quick Reply

Latest