The Student Room Group

self love

I need help by finding myself some love but I can't seem to love myself at all...
Original post by Honeysmilely16
I need help by finding myself some love but I can't seem to love myself at all...

Why don't you start looking at the bright side of the world, the people around, yourself and everything!
Hope is never truly lost if you have the right mind set.
Trust me, from experience, thinking positively does wonders! And if you can't love yourself, maybe it is time to change things up!
A brighter and better you!
Doing that could make you feel better about yourself and a lot more confident!
There are so many ways you can love yourself so even if you don't think you deserve it, go and treat yourself or doing something for you!
That will surely make you happy!
Focus on yourself and whatever you believe makes you happy or accomplished!
Original post by Anonymous
Why don't you start looking at the bright side of the world, the people around, yourself and everything!
Hope is never truly lost if you have the right mind set.
Trust me, from experience, thinking positively does wonders! And if you can't love yourself, maybe it is time to change things up!
A brighter and better you!
Doing that could make you feel better about yourself and a lot more confident!
There are so many ways you can love yourself so even if you don't think you deserve it, go and treat yourself or doing something for you!
That will surely make you happy!
Focus on yourself and whatever you believe makes you happy or accomplished!

okay thank you for your help, i will try that!
Look at everything you've achieved so far; all the struggles you have overcome. Appreciate the unique beauty in everyone around you, appreciate their different strengths, styles, interests, personalities; be true and kind to them. You are one unique person in a sea of unique people. Ignore what you "should" or "shouldn't" look or be like, because the most important opinion about yourself you need to consider is your own.

Loving yourself isn't about becoming someone else, or several other people, it is about working with what you have and are right now to please yourself and nobody else. Do things you're good at, but also try new things, both alone and with other people, celebrate the times you are alone, listen to music, go and explore new places, take photographs, write stories, research things that pique your interest, read books.

Self love begins and ends with you. And most importantly, remember it is not a destination, it is a continual process that you will be working at your entire life. There is no pressure or deadline to love yourself. But it begins now :smile:
Practice Loving Kindness meditation.(it is a thing).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending