The Student Room Group

Did I just self sabotage a job opportunity??

I applied for a few retail jobs a few days ago, and before I got a phone call beginning with 07... At first I was skeptical to pick up because I tend to get scam calls throughout the day and had already gotten 2 earlier today, but when i saw this number calling I decided to answer in case it was from one of the places I applied to. I couldn't really hear that great as I was outside when I picked up, but I'm 70% sure I heard the woman say something about an application. It then sounded like she said 'Am I speaking to Sam?'(which isn't my name) so I ended the call because at that point I thought it was another scam call, but as soon as I ended it I felt an instant regret. So now I'm overthinking what if it was actually a call from one of the places I applied to and I just couldn't hear properly?? Will they call me back??

And do recruiters tend to use numbers starting with '07.....'?? As I always thought they'd probably use a private number or at least a landline number such as 0161.... or if anything at least email to say if my application was successful rather than calling straight away. HELP!!
Original post by elizabethxo
I applied for a few retail jobs a few days ago, and before I got a phone call beginning with 07... At first I was skeptical to pick up because I tend to get scam calls throughout the day and had already gotten 2 earlier today, but when i saw this number calling I decided to answer in case it was from one of the places I applied to. I couldn't really hear that great as I was outside when I picked up, but I'm 70% sure I heard the woman say something about an application. It then sounded like she said 'Am I speaking to Sam?'(which isn't my name) so I ended the call because at that point I thought it was another scam call, but as soon as I ended it I felt an instant regret. So now I'm overthinking what if it was actually a call from one of the places I applied to and I just couldn't hear properly?? Will they call me back??

And do recruiters tend to use numbers starting with '07.....'?? As I always thought they'd probably use a private number or at least a landline number such as 0161.... or if anything at least email to say if my application was successful rather than calling straight away. HELP!!

Hi!!

I’ve had recruiters call me from 07- numbers before but if it was a legitimate phone call they always left a voicemail if I didn’t answer it.

I would assume that if it was a possible employer they would have left a message with some information for you to follow up!

If in doubt just give them a ring back - if it’s a possible employer I’m sure they wouldn’t mind! Good luck!
Original post by Lauren136
Hi!!

I’ve had recruiters call me from 07- numbers before but if it was a legitimate phone call they always left a voicemail if I didn’t answer it.

I would assume that if it was a possible employer they would have left a message with some information for you to follow up!

If in doubt just give them a ring back - if it’s a possible employer I’m sure they wouldn’t mind! Good luck!

Heyy, thank you for your response! I'll give them a ring back tomorrow like you said. Have a good night! <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending