The Student Room Group

Epq ideas please

I really need ideas for my epq and I am thinking about doing PPE at uni as I am very interested in all 3 subjects (or I might just do economics). Next year for my a levels I am planning to do maths, economics, and history. I would preferably like to do something that relates to econ mostly but also allows me to discuss politics, philosophy, and also some aspects of how certain groups (like women and poc) are affected by my topic since I know I will be very passionate. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it because I'm a bit lost atm:smile:
Reply 1
No real ideas for a title but a bit of random advice.

An EPQ is not really about what you say but how you say it.
The person marking it may know nothing about the topic.
If you pick anything too current you may struggle to get the range of suitable sources you need for top marks.

It's generally best to make the title of an EPQ a question, e.g. How did the Winter of Discontent of 1979 affect the UK balance of payments from 1980-1985? Did the UK's decision to leave the exchange rate mechanism in 1992 have lasting effects on our cooperation with the rest of the EU?
(warning: I just made those up but have never studied anything to do with economics or politics)

You also don't need a final title at the start - in fact you can gain marks by refining your title on the basis of what you discover in your Lit review, so don't be too hung up on your title being perfect at the beginning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending