The Student Room Group

Geography catch up GCSE

I have joined a geography GCSE class half way through the two year course so I have missed all of the work for paper 1 (Edexcel A). I am catching this up in my own time and I have been provided a revision guide and workbook but I just wondered if anyone knew any other good ways to learn it.
Thank you
(edited 2 years ago)
Find out the number of topics / pages of info you need to learn , and divide it by how many days you want to learn it in, this will tell you exactly how many pages / topics you need to do each day, doesn’t really help with memory but helps with organisation
Original post by NathanCr
I have joined a geography GCSE class half way through the two year course so I have missed all of the work for paper 1 (Edexcel A). I am catching this up in my own time and I have been provided a revision guide and workbook but I just wondered if anyone knew any other good ways to learn it.
Thank you

If yur school has allowed this change so late they should be supporting you. What additional lessons are they scheduling?
Original post by NathanCr
No? It was my decision to move and I knew I’d have to learn it myself. I know I am clever and capable of doing it; if I wasn’t then I wouldn’t have moved subjects. I wouldn’t expect teachers to go out of their way to teach just me a lesson.

They could have said 'No' though - by agreeing they have made themselves required to help you. Most schools would not allow a change so late ...
No, you need to ask teachers for additional support. Maybe ask for some practice papers for paper 1 and ask if the teachers can mark these for you to see where you are at. Any good teacher would consider that and as much as you could be a set grade 9 student in every subject, you dont achieve that by being fully self taught.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending