The Student Room Group

ancient history a level revision

hi,
I have mock exams this summer for my ancient history a level on the as topics (julio-claudians; the greek city states + persian/peloponnesian wars) and i have no idea how to get all this information in my head. especially for greece, there seems to be so much info and i'm so confused and don't know how i'll remember all the sources and quotes. i feel like it isn't so hard remembering events e.g. the dates of battles or whatever, but the motivations behind the events and the sources' views on the events just are so hard to remember. does anyone have any tips on how to do this? also, knowing it so well that in an exam you can bring in different aspects of the topic from different times - as in, the exam will be on a theme but we've been taught it chronologically, so does anyone know how i can make those connections in my head between events?

basically, any advice at all about ancient history (ocr) is much appreciated!
Reply 1
Flashcards, flashcards, flashcards! Use Quizlet to make loads of flashcards quickly which you can later test yourself with if you don’t want to hand write loads of cards. For trying to make ‘bigger’ links (not just chronological structures) in your essays try and think about key individuals and key themes within your essay plans. Think about the common factors throughout the period (e.g. class divisions, religion) and use these to create bigger links. Use these links to show you have a breadth AND depth of knowledge depending on what the question is asking for. Plan as many essays as possible as there are only so many questions they can ask, even if the question is only slightly similar you will most likely have previously done a rough plan for a similar question which u can apply. Hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you, that's super helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending