The Student Room Group

milgrams study

How do I write a brief consent form that would have been suitable to obtain informed consent from the ppts in milgrams study
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
think about the purpose of the consent form... what do you want the participant's to know when taking part? in informed consent there are 2 levels:
1. the participant knows about the full aim of the study, the procedure, the information involved and contact details
2. the participant knows briefly about the study and gives their informed consent (used when demand characteristics are possible)

so, milgrams consent form should show:
CONSENT FORM
Dear participant,
I am Stanley Milgram, and I am the researcher investigating the levels of obedience. This study will be taking place in Stanford University and you will be paid for your time. You will be assured of your confidentiality and you have the right to withdraw at any moment within the study. If you have any queries, contact me on my email below. Please sign here: _______

let me know if the markscheme says any different because i havent come across a question like this before!
Original post by libero
think about the purpose of the consent form... what do you want the participant's to know when taking part? in informed consent there are 2 levels:
1. the participant knows about the full aim of the study, the procedure, the information involved and contact details
2. the participant knows briefly about the study and gives their informed consent (used when demand characteristics are possible)

so, milgrams consent form should show:
CONSENT FORM
Dear participant,
I am Stanley Milgram, and I am the researcher investigating the levels of obedience. This study will be taking place in Stanford University and you will be paid for your time. You will be assured of your confidentiality and you have the right to withdraw at any moment within the study. If you have any queries, contact me on my email below. Please sign here: _______

let me know if the markscheme says any different because i havent come across a question like this before!

In addition to this, you need to tell the participant exactly what they will be doing. This enables them to give fully informed consent. I wouldn’t include “I am Stanley Milgram”. Also you need to include “the aim of the study is to…”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending