The Student Room Group

AQA Psychology A-Level - Does it matter if I get the year of the studies wrong?

If I forget the year of the study in the middle of the exam, should I just guess or leave it blank? Will marks get deducted? don't know if I should waste time memorizing all the years. There are too many.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by imloki
If I forget the year of the study in the middle of the exam, should I just guess or leave it blank? Will marks get deducted? don't know if I should waste time memorizing all the years. There are too many.

Leave it blank
Reply 2
When I was doing my A Level Psychology I made a grid for each topic with all the studies and then I'd memorise it and blurt it
Reply 3
Original post by anon25x
When I was doing my A Level Psychology I made a grid for each topic with all the studies and then I'd memorise it and blurt it

Okayy. I'll do that too. Thank you for your advice
Original post by imloki
If I forget the year of the study in the middle of the exam, should I just guess or leave it blank? Will marks get deducted? don't know if I should waste time memorizing all the years. There are too many.[/QUOT

I studied a level psychology and got an a* this year, I would say that what I was taught is that including the year of the study really indicates to the examiner that you are confident that you know what you are talking about. I found just blurting the dates over and over again is the best way to learn them too. hope that helps for year 13
Reply 5
Original post by hannahbananaaaa
Original post by imloki
If I forget the year of the study in the middle of the exam, should I just guess or leave it blank? Will marks get deducted? don't know if I should waste time memorizing all the years. There are too many.[/QUOT

I studied a level psychology and got an a* this year, I would say that what I was taught is that including the year of the study really indicates to the examiner that you are confident that you know what you are talking about. I found just blurting the dates over and over again is the best way to learn them too. hope that helps for year 13

Okay. Thank you so much.
I’ll just add to this that examiners wont deduct marks- they mark positively, i.e. find ways to award marks, not retract them
Reply 7
Original post by imloki

I personally got an A* this year and didn't memorise any dates. I made sure i was aware of the dates of key studies that are mentioned in the spec (Zimbardo, Asch, Milgram) but from what I recall I don't think I added any specific dates in my exam. Especially for paper 3, (wouldn't recommend) but i forgot the name of most of the researchers and I would often get them confused so i would right ' A researcher found that...'
Reply 8
Original post by pharmco
I personally got an A* this year and didn't memorise any dates. I made sure i was aware of the dates of key studies that are mentioned in the spec (Zimbardo, Asch, Milgram) but from what I recall I don't think I added any specific dates in my exam. Especially for paper 3, (wouldn't recommend) but i forgot the name of most of the researchers and I would often get them confused so i would right ' A researcher found that...'

Congrats on your A*!! Thank you so much for your reply. I really think I spend too much time trying to memorize all the dates. I'll take your advice and see what happens during mocks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending