The Student Room Group

Oxford Second Undergraduate Degree (Possible Senior Status)

Hi all,

I have a question about applicants who already have an undergraduate degree.

To cut a long story short, I already hold a good BA in classics from KCL, however, I was quite ill during my undergraduate and I never really had the authentic university experience (classes and events were missed due to hospital appointments/chemo etc).

Because of this, it would be a dream to repeat my degree in classics from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice or pointers on this as information seems quite thin!

Thank you all in advance!

(NB: I have funding in place, so I’m all good on that front).

:smile:
Probably your best bet would be to contact the college(s) you are considering applying tk directly to enquire about whatever it is you wish to know, with details of your background. Usually the issue for second degree students is funding so if you can afford to pay tuition fees and living costs yourself out of pocket then there probably isn't much stopping you from pursuing this.
Original post by Matthew23
Hi all,

I have a question about applicants who already have an undergraduate degree.

To cut a long story short, I already hold a good BA in classics from KCL, however, I was quite ill during my undergraduate and I never really had the authentic university experience (classes and events were missed due to hospital appointments/chemo etc).

Because of this, it would be a dream to repeat my degree in classics from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice or pointers on this as information seems quite thin!

Thank you all in advance!

(NB: I have funding in place, so I’m all good on that front).

:smile:

Most of everything you might need to know seems to be here!
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/second-undergraduate-degree

Your academic reference is normally the place for any mention of extenuating circumstances, should you wish to explain that they may have been detrimental to your results. Otherwise, you might want to incorporate it in your PS (though not at the expense of expouinding on your academic enthusiasm and accomplishments)

As @artful_lounger says, you will note that the link above suggests you contact the college in any case.

Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending