Oxford Second Undergraduate Degree (Possible Senior Status)

Watch
Matthew23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all,

I have a question about applicants who already have an undergraduate degree.

To cut a long story short, I already hold a good BA in classics from KCL, however, I was quite ill during my undergraduate and I never really had the authentic university experience (classes and events were missed due to hospital appointments/chemo etc).

Because of this, it would be a dream to repeat my degree in classics from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice or pointers on this as information seems quite thin!

Thank you all in advance!

(NB: I have funding in place, so I’m all good on that front).

artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Probably your best bet would be to contact the college(s) you are considering applying tk directly to enquire about whatever it is you wish to know, with details of your background. Usually the issue for second degree students is funding so if you can afford to pay tuition fees and living costs yourself out of pocket then there probably isn't much stopping you from pursuing this.
OxFossil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Matthew23)
Hi all,

I have a question about applicants who already have an undergraduate degree.

To cut a long story short, I already hold a good BA in classics from KCL, however, I was quite ill during my undergraduate and I never really had the authentic university experience (classes and events were missed due to hospital appointments/chemo etc).

Because of this, it would be a dream to repeat my degree in classics from scratch.

Does anyone have any advice or pointers on this as information seems quite thin!

Thank you all in advance!

(NB: I have funding in place, so I’m all good on that front).

Most of everything you might need to know seems to be here!
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...raduate-degree

Your academic reference is normally the place for any mention of extenuating circumstances, should you wish to explain that they may have been detrimental to your results. Otherwise, you might want to incorporate it in your PS (though not at the expense of expouinding on your academic enthusiasm and accomplishments)

As artful_lounger says, you will note that the link above suggests you contact the college in any case.

Good luck!
Last edited by OxFossil; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (12)
6.32%
Uncertainty around my education (21)
11.05%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (21)
11.05%
Lack of purpose or motivation (28)
14.74%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (12)
6.32%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.68%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (16)
8.42%
Financial worries (10)
5.26%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
3.16%
Exposure to negative news/social media (14)
7.37%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
3.16%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (23)
12.11%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (14)
7.37%

Watched Threads