The Student Room Group

grades needed for an offer to oxford

my predicted grades right now are ABB, so not great but anyone know if i could get a conditional to oxford with them
Original post by Danielation
my predicted grades right now are ABB, so not great but anyone know if i could get a conditional to oxford with them

I doubt it - which degree though and what are your GCSEs?
Reply 2
Original post by Danielation

Most humanities at Oxford require AAA, and Stem subjects tend to want at least one or two A*s.
Also, it's worth noting that Oxford only do conditional offers (outside of exceptional circumstances).
In all honesty, no. Unless you do amazing on your entrance exam or have an outstanding interview, then your chances of an offer are very low unless you have special circumstances that they might take into account . Your best bet is to try to increase those grades to at least AAA MINIMUM (preferably A*AA/A*A*A) by the application deadline. Grades aren't everything, but Oxbridge only want the best and there will be many more people applying with much higher predicted grades who they will look at more favourably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending