The Student Room Group

hi there

xxxx
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
What if you u have adhd ? It might be why you feel like this, research a lot of symptoms of adhd and see if that’s your case and if you can get adhd medication, such as adderal
Reply 2
First of all, try not to worry! I'm in the same position with two gap years where I've had to focus on mental health rather than revising, and I've certainly been very rusty too :smile: All I'd say is to just keep working away at the revision, starting with the very basics if you need to, and it will slowly start to click back into place. You've still got almost 3 full months to get back on track, which is actually quite a long time just for revision, and it may be that your course will teach a lot of the simple stuff from scratch anyway (depending on what A level subjects were required).

Obviously you like computer science if you've picked to do it at uni, but are there other things that are less mentally taxing that you also enjoy to do? As well as revising content, it's good to just take time to focus on anything and get those study skills back, and it's a lot easier to focus on simpler, more enjoyable tasks. For me I found that language learning was a much easier task than relearning maths, but it also required me to think and concentrate, so it was getting me those skills back while being less stressful.
Open university or apprenticeship in IT
Original post by Anonymous
Open university or apprenticeship in IT

neither, normal uni lol
By Open Uni and apprenticeship, I meant quit your Uni and explore other options like these as you are clearly not thriving there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending