The Student Room Group

Human-Computer Analogy - psychology - cognitive approach

How could the Human-Computer Analogy be criticised in its explanation for human behaviour?
Original post by zuzannasendor18
How could the Human-Computer Analogy be criticised in its explanation for human behaviour?

Do you think humans and computers really have the same processing?
Original post by 5hyl33n
Do you think humans and computers really have the same processing?

No
Computers are designed to work a certain way
Ik they are different but idk how to explain it, like they both can be used to store and process info and humans use chemicals to store info
No
Computers are designed to work a certain way
Ik they are different but idk how to explain it, like they both can be used to store and process info and humans use chemicals to store info

You need to mention how comparing a human to a computer is an over-simplified analogy because unlike humans, computers do not experience feelings. Therefore, using only three keywords (input, storage, output) is wrong.

Have you learn the PEEL method when writing evaluations?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
You need to mention how comparing a human to a computer is an over-simplified analogy because unlike humans, computers do not experience feelings. Therefore, using only three keywords (input, storage, output) is wrong.

Have you learn the PEEL method when writing evaluations?

yes
yes

Good. Use the PEEL method and what I have told you to aid you in writing the evaluation.

I have responded to your other threads, by the way.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Good. Use the PEEL method and what I have told you to aid you in writing the evaluation.

I have responded to your other threads, by the way.

Okay, i'll try :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending