The Student Room Group

Aronautical Engineering 2022 undergraduate entry MEng/BEng grades at Glasogw Uni?

Hey guys, I would really like to go to Glasgow University to take part in the Aeronautical Engineering Course.
If I get AAABB (bio, physics, English, maths, chem - in that order) do I stand a chance at getting into the uni?
I have seen on the 2018 admission pdf that the standard grade for the BEng was AAABB with physics and maths at A/B or B/A. Is that still the case as of today, therefore, would I stand maybe a chance at an unconditional offer?
Also, it states that applicants with AAABB including maths WILL receive an s6 conditional offer for the MEng based on them achieving AAAAAA end of S6. Is that also still appropriate for this year, therefore, would it be achievable of getting a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow?
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers Guys
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bigboi821
Hey guys, I would really like to go to Glasgow University to take part in the Aeronautical Engineering Course.
If I get AAABB (bio, physics, English, maths, chem - in that order) do I stand a chance at getting into the uni?
I have seen on the 2018 admission pdf that the standard grade for the BEng was AAABB with physics and maths at A/B or B/A. Is that still the case as of today, therefore, would I stand maybe a chance at an unconditional offer?
Also, it states that applicants with AAABB including maths WILL receive an s6 conditional offer for the MEng based on them achieving AAAAAA end of S6. Is that also still appropriate for this year, therefore, would it be achievable of getting a conditional offer from the University of Glasgow?
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers Guys

anyone?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi, I'm kinda in a similar situation as you. The grades I have are (A maths, A physics, A PE, B chem, B bio). I did call them up like the Glasgow admission team they told me it's a very high likely chance to u to get an offer. I believe the S5 entry requirement is AABB, theres are a really good chance that we could both get an offer but I would repeat higher or AH maths again to get yourself an A as it's really competitive. I only asked for BEng as MEng would be more hard to get in bro
Reply 3
Original post by helxg
Hi, I'm kinda in a similar situation as you. The grades I have are (A maths, A physics, A PE, B chem, B bio). I did call them up like the Glasgow admission team they told me it's a very high likely chance to u to get an offer. I believe the S5 entry requirement is AABB, theres are a really good chance that we could both get an offer but I would repeat higher or AH maths again to get yourself an A as it's really competitive. I only asked for BEng as MEng would be more hard to get in bro

cheers bro that's really helpful! so do you think I have a good chance at getting a conditional as I am taking advanced higher maths and physics next year. Did they also mention anything about the certain grades you need to get in maths & physics? I also have been trying to phone them but the phone lines always come up as "busy", stress man aha.
Reply 4
Original post by helxg

been calling them the whole day since 9 am and every time it comes with "all lines are busy, please try again later". How did u manage to get through aha
Reply 5
Well, I kept on calling since 9 and somehow they answered, they told me maths and physics plays a huge role in ur application, that's why they were soo sure that I could get an offer as I told them I have A's in maths and in physics, I called Edinburgh too, they also told me the same thing, they both said I could easily get an unconditional offer. As I see you got a B in maths, which could affect you negatively but idk. These both unis require an A at higher maths by the end of S5 for Edinburgh and Glasgow.
cheers bro that's really helpful! so do you think I have a good chance at getting a conditional as I am taking advanced higher maths and physics next year. Did they also mention anything about the certain grades you need to get in maths & physics? I also have been trying to phone them but the phone lines always come up as "busy", stress man aha.
Reply 6
been calling them the whole day since 9 am and every time it comes with "all lines are busy, please try again later". How did u manage to get through aha

add me on discord helxg#1322

Original post by helxg
Well, I kept on calling since 9 and somehow they answered, they told me maths and physics plays a huge role in ur application, that's why they were soo sure that I could get an offer as I told them I have A's in maths and in physics, I called Edinburgh too, they also told me the same thing, they both said I could easily get an unconditional offer. As I see you got a B in maths, which could affect you negatively but idk. These both unis require an A at higher maths by the end of S5 for Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Reply 7
Original post by helxg

ahah got good news bro, idk about the admissions team u called but I emailed the head of aerospace engineering at Glasgow Uni about this and he told me he was fairly sure my grades were sufficient but not 100% sure as he said Glasgow Uni do not mention anything about needing an A in maths so instructed me to contact Dr Donald Ballance who is experienced with the undergraduate admissions for engineering and is very aware of the process. I called him and he told me he can't say anything for this year until applications are in but judging from his past experience that he thinks I will receive an offer! really happy aha just gonna call another admissions teacher to make sure but think their lines close at 1 pm so will call tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest