The Student Room Group

What can you do in a 5 minute break?

So I do 25 minutes study and 5 minutes break.
In that 5 minutes, I don't really know what to do. I dont want to go on youtube because it will distract me from study and will make it hard to concentrate. I dont want to listen to music because it will also make it harder fo rme to concentrate for my next session.

what can i do that fills my time usefully, is productive but doesnt require much to do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Literally anything. Anything that takes your mind off revision.
Stretching and jumping jacks. You would be surprised at how much this helps if you are slumped over studying.
This is a few ideas
Stretching
Horoscopes
Languages
Toy design
This :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by gtty123
Literally anything. Anything that takes your mind off revision.

this isn't really helpful
Reply 6
Original post by NovaeSci
Stretching and jumping jacks. You would be surprised at how much this helps if you are slumped over studying.

ooo interesting... i'll have a try
Drink water, have snacks, or go to the loo.
Reply 8
Original post by 2026_helia
this isn't really helpful

What do you want me to say? My answer applies to everything and anything. Workout? Already said that, albeit indirectly. Read a book? Again, already said that. It's up to you to fill in that time, not me lol.
Reply 9
Original post by tinygirl96
This is a few ideas
Stretching
Horoscopes
Languages
Toy design

oo lala, learning about horoscopes and toy design? that sounds really cool. by toy design, is it literally designing toys? for kids?
ooo interesting... i'll have a try

Take a look a desk stretching routines. It really helps. once you master and are able to stretch further, it's like having that feeling when you stretch getting out of bed. you don't feel as tight when studying. Jumping jacks is just to get your blood pumping from being stationary.
Original post by jenerous
Drink water, have snacks, or go to the loo.

done,done and done haha
Reply 12
Make a cup of tea, read a few pages of your book/magazine, going onto TSR
Original post by gtty123
What do you want me to say? My answer applies to everything and anything. Workout? Already said that, albeit indirectly. Read a book? Again, already said that. It's up to you to fill in that time, not me lol.

i was looking for something a tad more specific, like what other people are suggesting.
done,done and done haha

And your five mins are still not over? What are you, Lightning McQueen?
Original post by NovaeSci
Take a look a desk stretching routines. It really helps. once you master and are able to stretch further, it's like having that feeling when you stretch getting out of bed. you don't feel as tight when studying. Jumping jacks is just to get your blood pumping from being stationary.

that sounds very useful and will prob improve the quality of my life too
Original post by jenerous
And your five mins are still not over? What are you, Lightning McQueen?

h e l l yeah
on a more serious note - i only want a snack like or two times in a day, and the loo only couple times, and drinking water, seconds, so that leaves like 5 or more breaks of 5 mins to fill
i was looking for something a tad more specific, like what other people are suggesting.

Ooh, I've got one. Stare at a wall whilst tapping a pen. Is that specific enough?

All jokes aside, I'd suggest to read the news. Keep yourself informed about situations.
Original post by gtty123
Ooh, I've got one. Stare at a wall whilst tapping a pen. Is that specific enough?

All jokes aside, I'd suggest to read the news. Keep yourself informed about situations.

lol. good one, I've noted it down on listening to the general + medical news through podcasts.
h e l l yeah
on a more serious note - i only want a snack like or two times in a day, and the loo only couple times, and drinking water, seconds, so that leaves like 5 or more breaks of 5 mins to fill

Well, when you're at your desk, only keep a glass or two of water beside you. Then, when you have your break, move to fill your water back and while doing that, do a few exercises. Your five mins should be over by then.
If not, just walk like a sloth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending