What can you do in a 5 minute break?

Watch
2026_helia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I do 25 minutes study and 5 minutes break.
In that 5 minutes, I don't really know what to do. I dont want to go on youtube because it will distract me from study and will make it hard to concentrate. I dont want to listen to music because it will also make it harder fo rme to concentrate for my next session.

what can i do that fills my time usefully, is productive but doesnt require much to do?

gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Literally anything. Anything that takes your mind off revision.
NovaeSci
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stretching and jumping jacks. You would be surprised at how much this helps if you are slumped over studying.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a few ideas
Stretching
Horoscopes
Languages
Toy design
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by gtty123)
Literally anything. Anything that takes your mind off revision.
this isn't really helpful
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by NovaeSci)
Stretching and jumping jacks. You would be surprised at how much this helps if you are slumped over studying.
ooo interesting... i'll have a try
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drink water, have snacks, or go to the loo.
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2026_helia)
this isn't really helpful
What do you want me to say? My answer applies to everything and anything. Workout? Already said that, albeit indirectly. Read a book? Again, already said that. It's up to you to fill in that time, not me lol.
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinygirl96)
This is a few ideas
Stretching
Horoscopes
Languages
Toy design
oo lala, learning about horoscopes and toy design? that sounds really cool. by toy design, is it literally designing toys? for kids?
NovaeSci
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ooo interesting... i'll have a try
Take a look a desk stretching routines. It really helps. once you master and are able to stretch further, it's like having that feeling when you stretch getting out of bed. you don't feel as tight when studying. Jumping jacks is just to get your blood pumping from being stationary.
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by jenerous)
Drink water, have snacks, or go to the loo.
done,done and done haha
Glemon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make a cup of tea, read a few pages of your book/magazine, going onto TSR
2026_helia
Rep:
?
What do you want me to say? My answer applies to everything and anything. Workout? Already said that, albeit indirectly. Read a book? Again, already said that. It's up to you to fill in that time, not me lol.
i was looking for something a tad more specific, like what other people are suggesting.
jenerous
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
done,done and done haha
And your five mins are still not over? What are you, Lightning McQueen?
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by NovaeSci)
Take a look a desk stretching routines. It really helps. once you master and are able to stretch further, it's like having that feeling when you stretch getting out of bed. you don't feel as tight when studying. Jumping jacks is just to get your blood pumping from being stationary.
that sounds very useful and will prob improve the quality of my life too
2026_helia
Rep:
?
(Original post by jenerous)
And your five mins are still not over? What are you, Lightning McQueen?
h e l l yeah
on a more serious note - i only want a snack like or two times in a day, and the loo only couple times, and drinking water, seconds, so that leaves like 5 or more breaks of 5 mins to fill
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i was looking for something a tad more specific, like what other people are suggesting.
Ooh, I've got one. Stare at a wall whilst tapping a pen. Is that specific enough?

All jokes aside, I'd suggest to read the news. Keep yourself informed about situations.
2026_helia
Rep:
?
Ooh, I've got one. Stare at a wall whilst tapping a pen. Is that specific enough?

All jokes aside, I'd suggest to read the news. Keep yourself informed about situations.
lol. good one, I've noted it down on listening to the general + medical news through podcasts.
jenerous
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
h e l l yeah
on a more serious note - i only want a snack like or two times in a day, and the loo only couple times, and drinking water, seconds, so that leaves like 5 or more breaks of 5 mins to fill
Well, when you're at your desk, only keep a glass or two of water beside you. Then, when you have your break, move to fill your water back and while doing that, do a few exercises. Your five mins should be over by then.
If not, just walk like a sloth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads