The Student Room Group

Highest form of complaint against a store manager

Hi I don’t know what I done or do although my store manager has an agenda against me. Most recently I filed a complaint against a line manager for whistleblowing especially for the fact that I refused to work when I was entitled by law a 30 minute unpaid break yet had I not taken it I would not have been entitled to it. Though the report had then therefore been received by the store manager so it seemed invalid and pointless. Though as a colleague I do hope I have a right to voice my line manager against whistleblowing and not keep it to myself having to always handle it. Although after a meeting with my store manager she seems so intimidating and so scary to the point I just keep to myself come and do the work like I am supposed to before completing my shift and going home just earning whilst being paid to do the work. Although she thinks she knows better I’ve done 4 years of service for the same branch and I know for myself dependent on when I clock in and clock out I can leave 3 minutes before the end of my shift, I can take my break whenever I want preferably I take it towards the end of my break yet forcefully and it’s as though I have no compromise otherwise a disciplinary or some form of action will come by my way if I don’t follow her instruction which is to inform my manager when I am having my break be on the shop floor within the original time of when I take my break and to work by her unrealistic expectations especially with 5,7,10 minutes left of my shift when I know for myself I won’t be paid to do work in the form of cleaning, tidying and organising, refilling or even arranging stock from top shelves to the shelves. Besides a union rep who can i escalate this to because I seriously feel harsh done by unfairly treated scared and intimidated to even work for her, and I go beyond my expectations as being one of the hardest workers to work offering as much time to help out, doing 36/37 hours within a week and yet they are under appreciating my help and support I give them I just feel so down my day has been spoilt till now please help :frown:.

Sorry for making it long and thank you
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi I don’t know what I done or do although my store manager has an agenda against me. Most recently I filed a complaint against a line manager for whistleblowing especially for the fact that I refused to work when I was entitled by law a 30 minute unpaid break yet had I not taken it I would not have been entitled to it. Though the report had then therefore been received by the store manager so it seemed invalid and pointless. Though as a colleague I do hope I have a right to voice my line manager against whistleblowing and not keep it to myself having to always handle it. Although after a meeting with my store manager she seems so intimidating and so scary to the point I just keep to myself come and do the work like I am supposed to before completing my shift and going home just earning whilst being paid to do the work. Although she thinks she knows better I’ve done 4 years of service for the same branch and I know for myself dependent on when I clock in and clock out I can leave 3 minutes before the end of my shift, I can take my break whenever I want preferably I take it towards the end of my break yet forcefully and it’s as though I have no compromise otherwise a disciplinary or some form of action will come by my way if I don’t follow her instruction which is to inform my manager when I am having my break be on the shop floor within the original time of when I take my break and to work by her unrealistic expectations especially with 5,7,10 minutes left of my shift when I know for myself I won’t be paid to do work in the form of cleaning, tidying and organising, refilling or even arranging stock from top shelves to the shelves. Besides a union rep who can i escalate this to because I seriously feel harsh done by unfairly treated scared and intimidated to even work for her, and I go beyond my expectations as being one of the hardest workers to work offering as much time to help out, doing 36/37 hours within a week and yet they are under appreciating my help and support I give them I just feel so down my day has been spoilt till now please help :frown:.

Sorry for making it long and thank you

You need to get your facts straight, use the correct language and learn how to put together a proper case before you start to get argumentative about these sorts of things.

First of all, understand what whistleblowing really is, and stop using the term. What you are describing is nothing to do with whistleblowing and you just complicate the issue by using the wrong terms.

You can't leave 3 minutes before your shift ends. I don't know who told you this, but you can't, it's part of your contract, and you have to make yourself available for work during this time.

Your line manager is also able to decide when you take breaks during your shift.

Taking these points into account, you might want to consider if you have any valid complaint, or whether you are just being a problem in the workplace.
Original post by threeportdrift
You need to get your facts straight, use the correct language and learn how to put together a proper case before you start to get argumentative about these sorts of things.

First of all, understand what whistleblowing really is, and stop using the term. What you are describing is nothing to do with whistleblowing and you just complicate the issue by using the wrong terms.

You can't leave 3 minutes before your shift ends. I don't know who told you this, but you can't, it's part of your contract, and you have to make yourself available for work during this time.

Your line manager is also able to decide when you take breaks during your shift.

Taking these points into account, you might want to consider if you have any valid complaint, or whether you are just being a problem in the workplace.

I’ve worked on two different occasions for the company I work with and my line manager at the time said we can clock in and out 3 minutes early.

And not necessarily the breaks here are allowed to be taken whenever we want.

No offence for the work and service I have done for the place I know for sure I ain’t a problem
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
I’ve worked on two different occasions for the company I work with and my line manager at the time said we can clock in and out 3 minutes early.

And not necessarily the breaks here are allowed to be taken whenever we want.

No offence but that’s the most pathetic piece of advice I’ve received. For the work and service I have done for the place I know for sure I ain’t a problem

It's hard to tell from your first post exactly what is going on. However, if the situation is that you have a new line manager and the rules seem to have changed to you, then you should know that your previous line manager was operating in relaxed ways. Of course it would be better if these changes were discussed and negotiated, but legally you can't leave 3 minutes early and your employer can determine when you take breaks.
Original post by threeportdrift
It's hard to tell from your first post exactly what is going on. However, if the situation is that you have a new line manager and the rules seem to have changed to you, then you should know that your previous line manager was operating in relaxed ways. Of course it would be better if these changes were discussed and negotiated, but legally you can't leave 3 minutes early and your employer can determine when you take breaks.

Unfortunately my line manager hasn’t changed he’s the same manager I’ve had in the past year sainsburys policy don’t say otherwise to why we can’t I did 2 years at another branch and that wasn’t seen as a problem and we weren’t entitled to breaks only past shifts involving more than 4 hours with a 15 minute break for 5, 20 minute for 6, 30 minute for 7 and 8 and 45 minute for 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending