The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 Application for 2022

Hi everyone! I know it’s a bit early but I’m keen to apply for histopathology this November.

I was wondering if somebody could please share some information about the self assessment part of application? I’m struggling to find this online. Would be good to know what things I should be organising ahead of applying.

Scroll to see replies

Hey, a bunch of us went through this last year. You may have seen it, but our thread was this one:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=93465194&highlight=histopathology

To be honest, we struggled to find a great deal of online information too. It seems to be generally similar to IMT in terms of categories, with extra points for histopathology specific research projects/audits etc.. I never felt like I got a particularly solid grip on the process, but I think all of our collective knowledge ended up in that thread!
hi, ’m keen to apply for histopathology this November too. Can I ask please if there are any samples of questions from the previous candidates?
Reply 3
Original post by Mummybrown
Hi everyone! I know it’s a bit early but I’m keen to apply for histopathology this November.

I was wondering if somebody could please share some information about the self assessment part of application? I’m struggling to find this online. Would be good to know what things I should be organising ahead of applying.

Hey, you'll probably have seen that there is information about the self assessment on the "documents" section of the ORIEL application.

The self assessment doesn't seemed to be scored unlike the N.I application, I wonder if it will have the same weighting compared to the previous year...
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Mummybrown

Did you manage to apply? I’ve applied for this year and just got my score back. Does anyone know when they will announce interview dates?
I’ve applied too. Was thinking next week they’ll probably deal with all the appeals and then maybe start dishing out interviews the week after?
Original post by naomi79993374
Did you manage to apply? I’ve applied for this year and just got my score back. Does anyone know when they will announce interview dates?

Timeline on Oriel says interviews will be between 14th-17th March
Original post by jennysimps
I’ve applied too. Was thinking next week they’ll probably deal with all the appeals and then maybe start dishing out interviews the week after?

Yes, that sounds sensible as I think the deadline for appeals is today
Hi, my self assessment score unfortunately very low it was 19 , do you think the will call me for interview, any experience from last year form how much the called applicant for interview?
Original post by Histo_applicant
Hi, my self assessment score unfortunately very low it was 19 , do you think the will call me for interview, any experience from last year form how much the called applicant for interview?

Last year from the discussion boards a person with a score of 19 was called for interview but I haven’t seen any guidance of what the cut off is for this year. I’m waiting to hear if I have been called fir interview or not.
Original post by TheseusShip
Timeline on Oriel says interviews will be between 14th-17th March

Can you tell me where I can find this information?
Hi,I received my self assessment scores last Friday. I did appeal the score, fingers crossed 🤞, hope we get an interview invite soon!
Original post by FATchristopher
Can you tell me where I can find this information?

In Oriel go to applications then for the post you've applied for click Application Options which gives a drop down selection. Then click View Vacancy Advert. It will bring up info about the post as well as relevant dates
Original post by TheseusShip
In Oriel go to applications then for the post you've applied for click Application Options which gives a drop down selection. Then click View Vacancy Advert. It will bring up info about the post as well as relevant dates

Thanks! Do you think its safe to assume that invites will also be closer to March as well then? Just going off what happened last year but perhaps it was all different due to COVID.
Original post by FATchristopher
Thanks! Do you think its safe to assume that invites will also be closer to March as well then? Just going off what happened last year but perhaps it was all different due to COVID.

Unsure of how the invites will work but I wouldn't wait for the interview invite to start prepping
It looks like my oriel status has changed to ‘interview’ as of this morning. Not sure if the actual invite is going to come on the 25th Feb as written in the timeline guide!
Did anyone else hear anything?
Original post by Pumpkaboo
It looks like my oriel status has changed to ‘interview’ as of this morning. Not sure if the actual invite is going to come on the 25th Feb as written in the timeline guide!

Yep mine changed to interview his morning too 😅
Original post by Pumpkaboo

Yes, my status changed to interview this morning. Just saw the email. Haven’t been on Oriel yet.
Reply 18
I think they will be on March 14-17th but we will be able to book the slots starting Feb21st
Reply 19
Hi Guys , what resources are you using to prepare for the interview I feel lost

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending