The Student Room Group

2021 Youth Conference- responses to God in my life

This thread mentions how I respond to the different things acquired during the conference. I have now set a goal of following God, living in the Spirit and serving him both in my degree and my years in the workforce, in conjunction to the point of a goal linking to the day of God. I will pray to God for opportunities to glorify him during these times. Some things of God towards me link to my goal intellectually of getting a 1st in my degree. Thus, I can put all my emotions in God to head to the goal wholeheartedly like Paul.
I will state how the Holy Spirit leads me through and how I live in front of God. As the message tells that I need to compare with myself every day about how close I am to God, the UMS scale returns to help me do so as I get close to him. I will also add some of my experiences in God which led me towards the goal.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Not only this, the thread will now serve another role as well after the previous message. The message has quoted Paul and how he improves on his life, and I aspire to be more mature while forgetting on my past and moving towards the goal in Christ Jesus. I also want that I want to live a life full of witnesses in God, such that I am used well in the future, and have different new things every day.
Please, may I have the page admins close all of my other threads on Faith and Spirituality (with me as the thread starter, except #7071186), so I will not be able to focus on the past experiences in God and revisit any of these threads. This will help me easily to achieve this, so I can be used well by God.
Reply 2
The first time I faced a tough test against my faith since the conference was today.
I returned home from the outlying island of Cheung Chau with my sister. My sister needs to wake up at 6:30 am tomorrow. The Holy Spirit told me, an introvert, to care about her needs through a bible reading in 1 Corinthians 10.
We planned to get the 19:30 slow ferry, which should take us to Central by 20:30. The whisper came in again when my dinner came. I ate quicker than usual and waited for my sister, then we eventually left the restaurant at 18:50 and took a shortcut to the pier. As we got to the pier, a fast ferry, which would execute the 19:00 departure, just berthed. The queue for the 19:00 was quite long. There were less than 150 seats left, and a lot of people were still behind the ticketing gate. Initially, we wanted to stick with our original plan on getting the 19:30, but I followed the Holy Spirit and we tried our luck on the 19:00, which we eventually got on. The 19:00 was almost full tonight.
I used to avoid taking fast ferries shortly after a meal in fear of throwing up, but God held on for me and I didn't throw up on the ferry.
We eventually got to Central at 19:35, almost an hour earlier than expected, and returned home an hour earlier too. Then my sister can have enough rest for tomorrow!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
It seems that I am getting the worst time slots for my uni courses. But after asking God, I will remain in my assigned time slots and will not have a single swap, showing that I can sacrifice my own ways, even my preferred schedule. Literally everyone else needs to have a swap in first year, but myself having zero swaps is for God.
I will also wake up as early as 5am, given that there are still two hours before I have breakfast. I will have enough time for a morning devotion, and can devote the afternoons and evenings which I have no classes in for independent study. Then I can meet the suggested hours with ease. I will also try to do my readings on the bus if possible, setting an alighting reminder with GPS on, maximising my study time.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 8013
It seems that I am getting the worst time slots for my uni courses. But after asking God, I will remain in my assigned time slots and will not have a single swap, showing that I can sacrifice my own ways, even my preferred schedule. Literally everyone else needs to have a swap in first year, but myself having zero swaps is for God.
I will also wake up as early as 5am, given that there are still two hours before I have breakfast. I will have enough time for a morning devotion, and can devote the afternoons and evenings which I have no classes in for independent study. Then I can meet the suggested hours with ease. I will also try to do my readings on the bus if possible, setting an alighting reminder with GPS on, maximising my study time.

Amazing!
That's good for you. Life is tough at times, but if you have God you can have peace and you have NOTHING to fear! :smile: Go for God and make Him the LORD of ALL :smile:
Reply 5
From now on, after asking God, I will be fasting from YouTube and Facebook from now until December 18th. This ensures that I have enough time to do 55-60 hours of private study outside classes per week, and do a morning devotion each day from 5-6 am.
I will also make sure that I have reached a very proficient level of knowledge in all my courses before the midterms and finals, such that I can breeze through the exams while watching others struggle. This translates to a higher GPA and a larger chance to get into my preferred major.
Reply 6
I have since repented sins more frequently since the start of the month. God brought me into CIA (Christian in action). Our last training talked about repentance and I keep repenting to God at the end of every night before going to bed, way above the requirement of once per week, as I don't want to extinguish my touch of the Holy Spirit.
I have become less distracted through this, as I managed to read a devotional passage with the commentary of Liverpool vs Crystal Palace playing in the background yesterday. I was always distracted by football, in particularly matches involving Liverpool, but God has transformed me. I have become less arrogant as well as I have stopped posting my grades. I have changed the form of my GYG, giving the readers a chance to guess my GPA and I will only give rep to the most accurate guess.
Reply 7
God gave me this plan to reduce my arrogance even further, which is deflating every grade (counting 100% as A, 80% as C) and counting D as F.
This makes me more unlikely to get a good grade according to my opinion, thus effectively pushing down my target. I can keep striving for the better and not rest on my laurels, thus making me more humble. This will become my habit as I think myself as one level lower than my own status in my opinion, such that there is always someone better than me. I can keep learning from other people and put down my own ways.
There was a period of time that I was quite humble and went above and beyond expectations in many areas as a result (like in IELTS, I was on track for 7.0 before following a specific website. I dumped all of my own methods and used theirs, especially for reading. I ended up breezing through the reading paper with more than 30mins of a 60mins exam to spare).
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Something God gives me is epic comebacks. When I enter a new stage of academics, I tend to have a slow start but have a great finish in the end.
In 2018, I had a slow start to my IGCSE year, which caused my average mark to drop below 4.0 on a 5 point scale for the first time. I even got a 5 in my first Physics mock, and went on to fail a topic quiz on magnetism. But in April 2019, my grades started to go up significantly, and I got all 9s and 8s in the real exams in May, with one of the 9s being Physics.
I then had another slow start to A levels, as I failed Chemistry and Physics tests from time to time. I ended up with the top GPA in my school (and got a crystal trophy) and A*A*A in real exams.
I am now having another slow start to uni, as my first two grades are quite low. But God tells me that the struggle should go and I will have another great finish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending