The Student Room Group

HK Christian Assembly Hall 2023 Youth Conference insights

I was scheduled to help out with something during the conference, but it was taken away from me. This means another year being focused on the word of God itself, despite I cannot attend every meeting due to industrial training this year.

Once the conference ends, it's time for the empowered 8013 to serve in the 2023 University Freshman Orientation, a big event in the context of USTCCC. This year, I am in the committee organizing the orientation night for Christians, as well as helping out with outreach sessions on the Registration Days just after the conference. There is expected to be more people than last year as everything is back in person! And something new is coming out soon, as HKBU will be another campus I will be serving in this UFO!

It's always the conference just before the UFO, so the word of God always comes to me at the right time. Last year's messages were incredible and God used his word to fill me up. He used me as I served in two events and two outreach sessions. I'm sure that the same will happen this year as well!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Session 1 - 6/8/23 Evening
What is the right to be the son of God?

The will of God has been planned for us even before we were born. God has chosen us even before we were born, as he saved us from the cross and never regrets choosing anyone for his own purpose. We should choose God himself to enjoy the benefits which come from his choosing, which is over the views of many people.

His chosen sons are looked up even by angels. He loved every one of us as we are his children, and nothing can separate us from this incredible love, even any of our problems. We are called to be the sons of God as we grow up in our pursuit of Him and know his very heart, which means we are totally reborn and got rid of the values of the world, having Christ dressed in us.

We are looked up, as we were able to enter the home of our Heavenly Father, and enjoy the comfort from above. Once our hearts get renewed every time, we can enjoy the greatest riches of God as it passes down generations. This renewing should happen frequently so God’s grace can be totally new to us.

Our orientation night hopes freshmen to know their identity as a Christian and use their four years in university for the glory of God. As my task for this year is to prepare three sharing questions for discussion after the real thing ends, this message has given me an idea. We will give out "identity cards" to freshmen, as they receive God’s calling to serve Him in our university. I may think of a question which involves being a precious son of God in university, so their hearts can be renewed before they were affected by the culture of my university, and know that God loves them no matter what they will experience in the coming four years. At the same time, as I will be leading a JM1 group in 2023-24 academic year, I need to show the renewed heart in front of the people I am leading, so that they can follow on for spiritual multiplication, and the riches of God can pass down to many more generations, even after I graduate.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Just to keep this post short, I will only share briefly on the three messages from today. I will share the first two here.

The first message uses the life of Paul as an example, which he turned from someone prosecuting Christians to being saved and building church after church. It also mentioned that how traditions may sidestep the real gospel which comes from God, so we need to build ourselves up with the true gospel and the word of God. I had just got the brand new booklet named Overflow from a ccc staff. This is a new version of a booklet I have used before. The old has to pass away with this new booklet. I hope to prepare some words from the Bible to be used in conjunction with Overflow, so the Christians who just got admitted can see my example which comes from being a son of God, and do all to His glory in the years to come.

The second message is about having a vision in God, by understanding what God wants in us. Every vision we have shows our perspective of Jesus Christ in a situation, as we can see the true face of the son of God. This also looks into the church and the needs of it as well. All of these comes from how God is able to let us see.

This leads to the point that we are saved from such a sinful world just because God makes us see the world differently. We need to have Christ governing us such that we can please God and let people see the image of God coming out of us. Our life is a living of faith, as God is faithful. Once we have faith, we have relationship with God and he gives us a light yoke as we lay down our burdens before Him.

This takes me to the preparation of the worship for our orientation night. I need to learn five songs in four days, and the songs haven't even been chosen yet. But with my true faith in God, I will be able to play all of these songs by the time the first rehearsal kicks in. I remember that last year there was a "worship team meeting", and I hope that the five songs being selected can not only align to our main theme, but also bring out the vision of God which came to our team so God can be glorified with our worship.

There is also an increase in the number of UFO outreach sessions I am joining in. This means I have to face more people than last year. May God give me his true vision such that I can understand their needs and bring the only true thing, which is God himself, to every person I reach. Also, I hope that I have unshakable faith towards God, such that when storms come, I can still live out his testimony, and even in very normal situations. This is what most people need to hear as I spread His word to the many lives on my campus.
Reply 3
Here is the third message, about having a life as the son of God.

Grace is usually our plan B, but this is actually not enough. We need to keep giving thanks on what God has given us, going step by step as we experience more of His grace. Once we experience more of it, we can let God hold our faith which comes from himself such that we can live out the son's image in us. We need to empty ourselves by the cross, as we are saved by it by how God nailed his son on the cross. This means we need to put down what we are holding on and what we are asking for, such that it is Christ living in us, but not ourselves, and we can know what God wants clearly and see his own face. We can also experience how faithful the son is, and live because of the grace and love of God.

I remember the first full band worship song I played, it's named 是祢的恩典覆蓋. This song reminds how faithful God is and how great his grace is. God really knows us and our reliance on him is enough. This will be a great gospel spreading band idea, knowing our identity.

And I hope that as I have to lead an outreach session or a JM1, I need to empty myself so that I am ready to show how Christ leads me to the people in front.
Reply 4
The first message of the day focuses on the grace of God. We got freedom from above, just like Paul and Martin Luther as they suddenly saw a vision or heard a voice calling them, all because of the gospel which leads to the grace of God. This doesn't need us to put in any cost, only saying yes to Jesus. As a result we can see God and can be saved from the world of evil. It is also to be seen by those we know, so they can see Christ coming out through us.

The second message talks about how we have a true living as the son of God, so he can call me as "Have a look, this is 8013, my precious son."

We first have to know that we have Christ as our living, which isn't just a slogan. This can be used now, as the glorious Holy Spirit is with us. God will be worried about us from time to time, but we can call God as our father, as we are a spiritual people and never rely on the flesh. What we feel comes from the Holy Spirit. This makes us get the image of God himself and our life is affected by the will of God. With this we can be dressed with Christ which is built up piece by piece, unlike traditional clothing. This makes us take away the beauty of the human nature. This shows our testimony for Christ to be shaped in us, and it's expressed out naturally, not just through the many outreach sessions. It's very useful for RN.

Once our life ripens we can have fruits of the Spirit, but as we grow up, we have to take away many things we love, as they are all temporary and we cannot see the eternal. This may make us turn to our flesh easily. This is a big temptation in us if we are not filled with the Holy Spirit, which makes Overflow very important to live as the son of God.
Reply 5
Time to add in 2 more messages!
The first one continues on the topic of grace. Grace comes from God himself, which doesn’t depend on what we do. We see that we have been nailed on the cross with Christ, and it's Christ living in us.
In every moment we are offering ourselves to God, as God sacrificed his own son for us, so we live for the purpose of God in every moment. We belong to Christ and it's shown in every moment, so people can see the image of Christ coming through us. This means we are totally reborn for the glory of God and we can build it up by a victory over the laws of the world. God really wants the mic back from us. I pray that God is the master of my life as I enter the campus once again.

The point about faith is also mentioned. The law is to show how weak we are, which shows that we are good because of faith. As a result, we live in faith to solve every single problem we have, and it's also for the glory of God. As our faith gets built up, God bears everything for us who are so weak, and we can catch the grace of God.

The second message is about the glorious image of being the son of God.

We can get Christ himself in our hearts and make people see Christ with this image as our living is for Him. God really loves each one of us.

We also have the mark of the cross in us which takes away everything we like, and know how attractive God is to us. This is all done by the work of the cross, bringing us into the riches of God, unlike how the first generation fell in the wilderness.

Once we get things from God, it's eventually put back into God's hands, which makes us follow him wholeheartedly and without any delay, leading to a glorious life.

Faith goals are set for the UFO as usual. We look really ambitious as we have faith that God is going to change these unclaimed lives in the campus. So it's time to experience the emptying by the cross before heading out to UFO!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
It's the last message!

We have heard the gospel, but we only have grace because of how the Holy Spirit guided us, touched us and changed us. He opened up our hearts and lives were changed, so salvation is all done by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We accepted the Holy Spirit which comes from God's promises in His time because of believing in Him, and it brings us into the door of salvation, giving grace to us, which is nothing in regard to our behalf.

God uses his Holy Spirit to protect us and comfort us, like how he prepared heaven for us. This comes from the truth and the Holy Spirit is with us, even before people know. It's the son of God himself, it's the resurrection of God which lives in us and follows us everywhere we go. It comes from the spirit, which makes us reborn and understand the word from above.

The Holy Spirit also shows his power, which comes from his own work and makes us work in Him. It also leads to the miracles we experience and His glory to be revealed, as the word of God has its great power. We are saved because of the work of the Holy Spirit, so we have seen how he has chosen us. We need to think about this so what we do comes out of the Holy Spirit. As the devil brings us the wrong thoughts in us, it is more important to know how we are chosen for God, with the Holy Spirit working in us. Although many things are attacking us, God puts us in that place and brings his grace to us with his own word. We can no longer be slaves anymore and we can call God as our father. We need to be close to God every day, and we can rely on the Holy Spirit and it will guide us, no matter what voices come to us. When we follow the Holy Spirit, our lives can be changed, and we can bear the fruits of the Holy Spirit, or else we have to bear our cost without the Holy Spirit. We need every fruit of it, which is all in one, leading to the living of God and we are built up by following the Holy Spirit. All of these is left to glorify Him as it comes out of our lives, and it puts us with the image of the son of God, bringing us true value in life.

And all the messages have ended! Thanks God for giving me such a lot of extra time, so I was able to listen to all of the messages and get revived by his word. It's time to enter the campus once again for UFO, but with a renewed mind clothed by Christ as I deliver His image to the freshmen! May the Holy Spirit be with me and every person I meet, so lives can turn back to God before they get immersed by the cultures of HKUST and HKBU respectively!
Reply 7
I really felt the work of God in me as I went back into the campus.
Among the people who filled in the questionnaire under my guidance, there was one really special guy.
He scanned the QR code before but his form was blank, then I found him again and he filled it in. He told me that he is very scared since he knew he got into my university. He is a very lazy person but my university is notorious for heavy workload, so he thinks that he cannot handle it. At the same time, he has literally no direction about his life. He is willing to be contacted by us and wants to join Innerspark, and this is the work of God! I also prayed for him such that God relieves his anxiety.

This person got in despite missing the passing grade in his Chinese HKDSE, so he got in because of the grace of God. He is so desperate to be found by God!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
I had a 60-minute VC with another freshman to end the day.
He asked me many things about university life. I understand that he is a very social person and wants to make friends (but is very hard to do so because of time), and also asks me about experiences of being in a society, being in a hall or course registration comments.
I also shared my testimony of going through a very difficult assignment, which he understood that I have God as my spirit. I have a new testimony each UFO based on my experience in the past year.
Reply 9
I will be in charge of group 9 of the orientation day of USTCCC. There is something new this year as non-Christians are welcome as well. We have a campus fun (campus tour with checkpoint games) and also an Alpha video session (Is there more to life than this?).

I am now uplifting every person of group 9 to God, such that I can show the image of Christ in front of them as they are all non Christians!
Reply 10
Original post by 8013
I had a 60-minute VC with another freshman to end the day.
He asked me many things about university life. I understand that he is a very social person and wants to make friends (but is very hard to do so because of time), and also asks me about experiences of being in a society, being in a hall or course registration comments.
I also shared my testimony of going through a very difficult assignment, which he understood that I have God as my spirit. I have a new testimony each UFO based on my experience in the past year.

Just a little update:
This person has accepted Jesus on the 21st! Praise the Lord!

We are about to start an FU with him in the next term.
Reply 11
These messages are just incredible to me, as when I keep relying on the Holy Spirit and get dressed in Christ, He always does great things for me.

Led by me, another first year engineering student from my university accepted Jesus at around 5pm today. This student went to church before, but stopped since secondary school because he has to play baseball, alongside covid. He believes in the New Testament and understands it, but found that the Old Testament is so hard to understand. He also believes in science, so he doesn't believe that there is a creator of the world. I also shared my testimony, and he later prayed to receive Christ! I hope he fully understands the word of God one day!
Reply 12
The new lives haven't stopped.
I went to another IVE campus for scouting for the first time. There was an incredible moment as a first year student from there accepted Jesus at around 3:15pm today. This student has known quite a few Bible verses, including half of all the verses from the Four Spiritual Laws booklet. He immediately followed the prayer in his heart once I read it for him. This was crazy, God is at work!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending