The Student Room Group

Watford grammar school for boys sixth form accepted offers 2021

I’ve started this thread for those who have or intending to accept their offer at Watford grammar schools for boys. Since we will be only 60 new students out of 200, the rest being their current year 11s moving to year 12, I thought it would good to get in touch before our first day in September.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Maths geek 2020
I’ve started this thread for those who have or intending to accept their offer at Watford grammar schools for boys. Since we will be only 60 new students out of 200, the rest being their current year 11s moving to year 12, I thought it would good to get in touch before our first day in September.

Hi, what subjects are you doing?
Original post by r1cha3
Hi, what subjects are you doing?

Maths, further maths, physics and computer science. You?
Reply 3
I'm doing maths, computer science and physics. Do you know if the teachers are good in that sixth form for these subjects?
Original post by r1cha3
I'm doing maths, computer science and physics. Do you know if the teachers are good in that sixth form for these subjects?

So we will be in some of the same classes. I think it depends who you get, but probably as good as any other good Sixth form. Did you accept the offer? Got a accepted into those subjects?
Reply 5
Do you know any one who went to this sixth form previously?
Reply 6
So we will be in some of the same classes. I think it depends who you get, but probably as good as any other good Sixth form. Did you accept the offer? Got a accepted into those subjects?

Yes I accepted the offer.
Reply 7

what GCSEs did you get btw?
Original post by r1cha3
what GCSEs did you get btw?

Three 9s (including maths and English), two 8s and the rest 7s. You?
Reply 9
Three 9s (including maths and English), two 8s and the rest 7s. You?

Three 9s, four 7s and two 6s
Reply 10

Do you think an EPQ is worth doing in WBGS?
Original post by r1cha3
Do you think an EPQ is worth doing in WBGS?

If you know what you want to do at university, check the requirements on their website. It’s half an Alevel, so some unis might not count it, but it could show your passion for a subject. I’m not doing it, because computer science Alevel will have a project anyway.
Original post by r1cha3

Heya, I'm currently I'm moving from year 11 to 12 at wbgs. The teachers there are all really good, but the computer science teachers are quite strict at times
Original post by Sharvess :D
Heya, I'm currently I'm moving from year 11 to 12 at wbgs. The teachers there are all really good, but the computer science teachers are quite strict at times

But the CS teacher is good right? Can teach programming? How about physics?
Im going theree too but im kinda nervous and anxious because i dont know anyone and it is an hour bus ride :/
Original post by Nicholas1610
Im going theree too but im kinda nervous and anxious because i dont know anyone and it is an hour bus ride :/

Which subjects have you chosen? PM me I’ve made a Discord group for new joiners, I’ll add you.
Which subjects have you chosen? PM me I’ve made a Discord group for new joiners, I’ll add you.

Whats the discord link?, uh maths, further maths, economics, computer science and pschology
Original post by Nicholas1610
Whats the discord link?, uh maths, further maths, economics, computer science and pschology

PM you the link
PM you the link

what were your predicted grades?
can someone who goes to WBGS or is applying to WBGS for year 12 2023 URGENTLY Pm me

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending