The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Do I have a decent chance of getting into lse data science ?

I am predicted 3 A stars in maths, physics, comp sci and I am not sure if I have a chance of getting in without further maths
They say it’s highly desirable only, so it would probably be incredibly harder for you to get in.
This does not mean impossible however.

I say go for it regardless, but do not attach yourself to the uni! Nothing is guaranteed until it is.

Also, LSE do hold some weight onto your GCSES particularly for subjects like Data Science. If those were to be strong, your probability has already increased.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
I am predicted 3 A stars in maths, physics, comp sci and I am not sure if I have a chance of getting in without further maths

Yes. if you have the minimum entry requirements, then it will be 50% personal statement, 50% luck.
I think without A-level Further Maths you would likely be in a much weaker position. Bear in mind for their flagship economics course, while A-level FM is listed as "highly desirable" and not explicitly required, 95% of successful applicants to that course have A-level FM, and those without it have much lower success rates than those who do. I would be very surprised if a very mathematical course like data science wouldn't be similar there. Unless your school didn't offer FM (in which case your referee should explain this in your reference) I think you will likely be non-competitive for that course at LSE, honestly (and other similar mathematical courses there e.g. single honours economics, or any of the joint honours courses with maths or stats).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending