The Student Room Group

University of Exeter A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi all,

Original post by NikolaiK
Cut off score is 85/100 but those with exactly a score of 85 needed a UCAT score of 3160 or above to be made an offer.
Essentially, an interview score of 86 guarantees an offer.

Thanks for the information. What about UCAT score of 3070 with Three A* predicted in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and A* in EPQ. What's the chance for interview. If they get offer and once results were out and if someone score less than A*A* A* and scores only A* AA or A*A* A will they still get the place.
Please advice .
Thanks
Original post by Scooooby
I was lucky enough to get promoted off the wait list recently and have now firmed Exeter. UCAT 3190 interview score 84. :smile:

Hi Congratulations.
Thats impressive UCAT score.
What happens to someone who got offer as predicted score of A*A*A* and UCAT of 3050 and above and when the results out they didnt get A*A*A* instead they got A*A* A / A* AA . Do they still offer them a place ? Do Exeter Mark's the student GCSE grade ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Bananadoctor893
I never asked for my interview score unfortunately but I got 2930 and band 2 for UCAT if that helps

Congratulations. Is your predicted A level grades are A* A* A* or A* A* A if you dont mind me asking .
Thanks
Original post by GANFYD
They only interviewed about 350 people (I think it is normally more than double that) due to the mess they made of admissions the year before, so the cut off was 100 points and 2790 UCAT.

Oh really.
Good to know .
What was the mess? Is it the high number of international students offer been made?

how many places they have for each year for home students and international students?
Sorry I have not checked their website yet and I am not sure if they have that information in their website also.
Thanks
Original post by curiousappa
Hi all,

Thanks for the information. What about UCAT score of 3070 with Three A* predicted in Chemistry, Biology, Maths and A* in EPQ. What's the chance for interview. If they get offer and once results were out and if someone score less than A*A* A* and scores only A* AA or A*A* A will they still get the place.
Please advice .
Thanks

the A*A*A* requirement is only for the interview. with that ucat score, id say you’d be almost guaranteed an interview. My offer was AAA, or AAB with and A in EPQ. once you have an offer, it can’t be taken away, as all you need is AAA if you get in. I hope that answers your question.
Original post by xizzyxox
the A*A*A* requirement is only for the interview. with that ucat score, id say you’d be almost guaranteed an interview. My offer was AAA, or AAB with and A in EPQ. once you have an offer, it can’t be taken away, as all you need is AAA if you get in. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks .
Congratulations for your offer💐
Welldone 👏👏
Thats good to know.

Is the intercalated degree are mandatory in Exceter ? Are the giving electives option to do it in abroad in final year

Do exeter pay much attention in interview even though your situation judgement in band 1 .

I heard some medical colleges like UEA and Sheffield doesnt give much weightage on interview if you have good GCSE And Alevel with Excellent UCAT scores with SJT Band 1

Are they having face to to face interview or online Microsoft meeting this year for 2023 intake.
I am not sure if its MMI based or traditional interview style like Cambridge
Please advice
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi there, I couldn't find a 2023 entry thread so I'll ask here. I'm most likely gonna be in the 9th decile (hopefully) but I have a score of 2920. My predicted is A*A*A* so I'm sure I'll get 100 points but I was wondering if there was a cutoff last year for ucat meaning that I wouldn't get an offer?
Original post by melonlord.xx
Hi there, I couldn't find a 2023 entry thread so I'll ask here. I'm most likely gonna be in the 9th decile (hopefully) but I have a score of 2920. My predicted is A*A*A* so I'm sure I'll get 100 points but I was wondering if there was a cutoff last year for ucat meaning that I wouldn't get an offer?

The cutoff for 2022 entry was 2790.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 928

Cut offs should go down this year, they interviewed half the number they normally interview. 3 A*s and UCAT over 2800 should be safe.
Original post by TCL
Cut offs should go down this year, they interviewed half the number they normally interview. 3 A*s and UCAT over 2800 should be safe.

Original post by ChemBioMath
The cutoff for 2022 entry was 2790.

Thank you both
Thank you both

Thanks
hiya, does anyone know what sort of grades and scores for ucat/exeters own system were needed for offer in 2022 entry?

edit: and also for interview actually if you have that, thanks x
(edited 1 year ago)
Thank you both

Original post by xizzyxox

Hi @xizzyxox,
Yesterday my school UCAS director was saying its Risky to apply Exeter with my UCAT 3070 SJT band 1 my Alevel predicted grades were A*A*A* and With EPQ A /A* . My GCSE also all 11× 9s and just 1 ×8 in mandarin I am bursary student in independent school until my GCSE. Will this make the difference. Not sure. Do Exeter discriminate Independent school students on the interview even if they have high UCAT and A level and GCSE scores? Please advice
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 933
Hi
I have achieved a level A*, A* A
My ucat this year is 2580 b3
Is it a good choice to apply to Exeter
Original post by TCL

Hi TCL. Do you think A*A*A* with UCAT 2790 would be safe?
Original post by Josh00033

Sorry, I'm not TCL, but I believe it is relatively safe looking at the previous year's data.
Original post by lanky_giraffe
Sorry, I'm not TCL, but I believe it is relatively safe looking at the previous year's data.

Thanks mate!
Hi Guys,

I want to apply to Exeter but don't know if my Band 4 in SJT will mean I am not considered. I scored 2530, have 11x9s and 1x8 at GCSE, an A* EPQ and 4 predicted A*s. Do I have a chance?

Original post by jacket8potato
Hi Guys,

I want to apply to Exeter but don't know if my Band 4 in SJT will mean I am not considered. I scored 2530, have 11x9s and 1x8 at GCSE, an A* EPQ and 4 predicted A*s. Do I have a chance?

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/media/universityofexeter/recruitmentsites/docs/BMBS_admissions_policy_2022-23v5.pdf

Last year, you needed 100 points AND 2790 UCAT for an interview. Hopefully that will drop a little this year.
I don't think they look at SJT, but call them up and confirm
Reply 939
Original post by Josh00033

Yes, as Exeter will be interviewing a lot more applicants this year, so I would expect it to stay at/near 100 points, but the UCAT threshold to go down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending