The Student Room Group

AS mocks

Does anyone know when the year 12 AS mocks usually are. I think knowing would help to put my mind at rest since transitioning from GCSE to A-level has been quite stressful for me.
Original post by Nekostudy.3
Does anyone know when the year 12 AS mocks usually are. I think knowing would help to put my mind at rest since transitioning from GCSE to A-level has been quite stressful for me.

Unfortunately, with the pandemic, all schools and colleges seem to be doing things differently. At my college, we do 6 lots of mocks in year 12, with the first being in October, so when it comes to actual exams you're very used to it. Though I suppose our 'proper' mocks were assessment 5, which was in May, just after the year 13s had finished their exams.
Reply 2
Original post by maisiem448
Unfortunately, with the pandemic, all schools and colleges seem to be doing things differently. At my college, we do 6 lots of mocks in year 12, with the first being in October, so when it comes to actual exams you're very used to it. Though I suppose our 'proper' mocks were assessment 5, which was in May, just after the year 13s had finished their exams.

Oh ok, thank you. I'll wait and see, though I think I like the sound of regular assessments to get used to it, and I guess to give me more opportunities to get a good grade that can be used as evidence if things have to be teacher-assessed again.
Oh ok, thank you. I'll wait and see, though I think I like the sound of regular assessments to get used to it, and I guess to give me more opportunities to get a good grade that can be used as evidence if things have to be teacher-assessed again.

Yeah it's quite good actually. You can see how much you're progressing as well, as your results keep getting better as the year goes along :smile:

I depends on certain things. Do you take Y12 AS exams? Like the real ones? If you do (and your exam is in May/June) then your mocks will normally be around January. Though it would be best to just ask your teachers

Quick Reply

Latest