The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I know right? Takes me ages to find a seat. I have no choice though because it's too cold to study in my flat :nopity:

I hate it when people are sitting at a computer without being logged on, and are using their laptops at the same desk, when people are looking for a computer. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?

I hate it stalk every computer on EVERY SINGLE FLOOR to see if there are any available and people are on Facebook. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by d123
We meet every Tuesday at 5-6, normally in the QMU committee room - though we want to change that because the room's too small for the group now. Any changes will be well publicised though :smile: We do various campaigns, at the moment we're focusing on women's rights in Afghanistan and the death penalty - we hold talks, sign petitions, write letters, sometimes get speakers in. Also social events like the Secret Policeman's Ball. It's really good! We've got loads of events coming up soon - there's a website and a facebook page which can explain it all better than I can. Everyone should come along though if you're free at that time and interested in human rights type issues - it's a very active and friendly group, and we've won national awards before as well as SRC awards :smile:

Debbie...is that you?
Original post by craftySnake
Horrible weather this week, although I did enjoy sitting in the physics common room watching the rain pour while being nice and warm :3

I now have a bloody cold. Just in time for reading week. In which I have to write an important essay :colonhash:
Original post by merryhappy
I hate it stalk every computer on EVERY SINGLE FLOOR to see if there are any available and people are on Facebook. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?

We could start a hash tag on Twitter.

#WHAT'STHATABOUT?
We could start a hash tag on Twitter.

#WHAT'STHATABOUT?

Golden idea, although it would have to be #WHATSTHATABOUT. As apostrophes make it unclickable and aren't highlighted.

Have you voted in the SRC elections?
Golden idea, although it would have to be #WHATSTHATABOUT. As apostrophes make it unclickable and aren't highlighted.

I have voted :yep:

Hmm I was wondering about that :tongue:

And no.
Hmm I was wondering about that :tongue:

And no.

You should vote. And you should vote for Laura Stockwell for Critical Studies :yep:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
You should vote. And you should vote for Laura Stockwell for Critical Studies :yep:

Done :tongue:
Done :tongue:

Reply 4290
Debbie...is that you?

Yes! Who are you? I'll try and work it out but you'll probably have to tell me!

You didn't burst through the doors of level 7, nearly knocking a 6' 5" guy over before demanding of him 'you're not by any chance looking for a computer' did you?

If so, nice to meet you...
Original post by d123
Yes! Who are you? I'll try and work it out but you'll probably have to tell me!

Lol, I don't want to say my name on here!

We are in the same committee of a uni political party club.

You know who I am now, don't say my name here!!!
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
You didn't burst through the doors of level 7, nearly knocking a 6' 5" guy over before demanding of him 'you're not by any chance looking for a computer' did you?

If so, nice to meet you...

No, that was not me. But if you have similar experiences in the future it may be me.
Reply 4294
Lol, I don't want to say my name on here!

We are in the same committee of a uni political party club.

You know who I am now, don't say my name here!!!

I'd worked out who you are by looking at your posts! I'm glad I'm right though :smile: Small world!
Original post by d123
I'd worked out who you are by looking at your posts! I'm glad I'm right though :smile: Small world!

Did you get my DM?
Reply 4296
Did you get my DM?

I did! I'll reply tomorrow if that's ok, I've been crazily busy and stressed lately.
Oh God I'm ill. I'm ill when I have SO MUCH work to do :facepalm2:

Need to man up. Damn you all you people coughing and sneezing in lectures :sick:
Reply 4298
Original post by bex285

silly question, but I'm assuming you're applying to year abroad... How do we categorise our degree? I know Glasgow calls it an MA but it's really a BA, I don't know if saying MA would confuse things or not?
Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere :redface:
Reply 4299
Original post by conway!
silly question, but I'm assuming you're applying to year abroad... How do we categorise our degree? I know Glasgow calls it an MA but it's really a BA, I don't know if saying MA would confuse things or not?
Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere :redface:

Hmm I don't know actually, never even thought of that! Maybe email and ask Dougal or something? I see him as all-knowing :tongue:
Where ya wanna go? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending