The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Maths Autumn Resits 2021

Hi! Just making a thread since I couldn't find one on here - feel free to take this down if there already is one (and tag me in it hehe)!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
oof to me
Original post by velaris08
Hi! Just making a thread since I couldn't find one on here - feel free to take this down if there already is one (and tag me in it hehe)!

Hello!! Thank you for making this!!
Reply 4
Original post by cloudniineee
Hello!! Thank you for making this!!

No point so far - but how are you feeling about the exams? Someone said they were 16 days away today and that really put it into perspective omg.
I don’t think any amount of time can make me feel prepared but I’m honestly just doing as many questions I can :biggrin:
Heyaaa is everyone ready for Wednesday? I've done about 25 past papers and Idk what questions to do rn
Original post by Angelj16
Heyaaa is everyone ready for Wednesday? I've done about 25 past papers and Idk what questions to do rn

I didn't even know there were 25 past papers haha!! I really hope I’m ready I’ve got my knowledge covered but I’m continuously doing past paper questions since my biggest issue is timing :O Any predictions for the first paper?
Reply 8
Honestly not done as many papers as I could have - but I also don't know which to do. The 2019 one felt harder than all the others and I don't have time to do all the IYGB ones...
Original post by cloudniineee
I didn't even know there were 25 past papers haha!! I really hope I’m ready I’ve got my knowledge covered but I’m continuously doing past paper questions since my biggest issue is timing :O Any predictions for the first paper?

Oh sorry I meant to say practise papers! I've done the 2018, 2019, 2020, sample and specimen papers and a lot of the IYGB and emporium papers. Honestly timing is the worst for me! I'm worried about that for the exam.

I have honestly no clue what is going to come up on the paper but I'm really hoping it'll be fair. I still haven't finished mechanics so I'm kind of freaking out but I have stats and pure covered I guess
Oh trust me the 2019 papers were monstrous. There were petitions about them and everything so don't feel disheartened if you cant do it. Doing the IYGB papers are also really good practise because they are challenging and will push your problem solving skills. Since the exam is on Wednesday I would really focus on going through weak points and stuff. Have you been revising for stats and mechanics yet?
Honestly not done as many papers as I could have - but I also don't know which to do. The 2019 one felt harder than all the others and I don't have time to do all the IYGB ones...
Reply 11
Oh sorry I meant to say practise papers! I've done the 2018, 2019, 2020, sample and specimen papers and a lot of the IYGB and emporium papers. Honestly timing is the worst for me! I'm worried about that for the exam.

I have honestly no clue what is going to come up on the paper but I'm really hoping it'll be fair. I still haven't finished mechanics so I'm kind of freaking out but I have stats and pure covered I guess

Neither with the year 2 mechanics omfg
Reply 12
Oh trust me the 2019 papers were monstrous. There were petitions about them and everything so don't feel disheartened if you cant do it. Doing the IYGB papers are also really good practise because they are challenging and will push your problem solving skills. Since the exam is on Wednesday I would really focus on going through weak points and stuff. Have you been revising for stats and mechanics yet?

Think I'm probably going to go through the IYGB papers looking for questions from the topics I could be better in. I've revised the content for Y1 stats and mechanics, and I've got like 2 subchapters of stats and the whole of y2 mechanics to learn. 2019 papers were the first ones I did so it was like a sucker punch lol - scraped an A on the first one, broke down before I finished the second lol. A massive thing for me is I always think it's going worse than it did - and actually if I'd calmed down and figured out what to do logically instead of letting my mind race through them loosely, I'd have been fine. Looking through it a lot of it was just me not used to how they presented the questions so gonna double down on the IYGB and also go through it one last time tomorrow. Since I don't want to revise past 10 tomorrow (rest up!) I'm considering running through one paper in my head and then heading off to bed to wake up early tomorrow! Wbu?
(edited 2 years ago)
That’s a good idea! The best thing to do is stay calm in the exam and not panic because whatever the question is asking, the knowledge is somewhere there in your head. I’ve done two papers today and I did a little bit of mechanics but I’m exhausted so I’m heading to bed now and will be focusing on as much pure as possible tomorrow! I have no idea how I’m gonna get applied done and up to standard but I guess I’ll just have to try!

What grade are you aiming for? If you don’t mind me asking how did you do in the summer series?

Think I'm probably going to go through the IYGB papers looking for questions from the topics I could be better in. I've revised the content for Y1 stats and mechanics, and I've got like 2 subchapters of stats and the whole of y2 mechanics to learn. 2019 papers were the first ones I did so it was like a sucker punch lol - scraped an A on the first one, broke down before I finished the second lol. A massive thing for me is I always think it's going worse than it did - and actually if I'd calmed down and figured out what to do logically instead of letting my mind race through them loosely, I'd have been fine. Looking through it a lot of it was just me not used to how they presented the questions so gonna double down on the IYGB and also go through it one last time tomorrow. Since I don't want to revise past 10 tomorrow (rest up!) I'm considering running through one paper in my head and then heading off to bed to wake up early tomorrow! Wbu?
Reply 14
That’s a good idea! The best thing to do is stay calm in the exam and not panic because whatever the question is asking, the knowledge is somewhere there in your head. I’ve done two papers today and I did a little bit of mechanics but I’m exhausted so I’m heading to bed now and will be focusing on as much pure as possible tomorrow! I have no idea how I’m gonna get applied done and up to standard but I guess I’ll just have to try!

What grade are you aiming for? If you don’t mind me asking how did you do in the summer series?

Aiming for an A* - got a B in the summer series. What about you? ++ on the applied thing. Hoping it'll be easier to do in less time since they can only ask so many questions.
(edited 2 years ago)
I got given a B in the summer series too! I'm aiming for an A at least and I guess an A* would be a nice plus hahaha. I've worked really hard so hopefully it pays off.
Aiming for an A* - got a B in the summer series. What about you? ++ on the applied thing. Hoping it'll be easier to do in less time since they can only ask so many questions.
I got given a B in the summer series too! I'm aiming for an A at least and I guess an A* would be a nice plus hahaha. I've worked really hard so hopefully it pays off.

yooo I got a B too hopefully an A in the resit series ^-^
(edited 2 years ago)
Heyy!! Im doing Edexcel IAL Pure Maths 1 this wednesday!! So nervous!
Reply 18
Original post by daylight08
Heyy!! Im doing Edexcel IAL Pure Maths 1 this wednesday!! So nervous!

just found this thread - i havent done many past papers as I was more concentrated on solving my weak points, but I have watched many paper walkthroughs/ qs videos and attempt them myself
Just did the edexcel maths alevel today. I found it quite hard with lots of curveball questions. How did anyone else find it?

Quick Reply

Latest