The Student Room Group

Stuck on gap year plans for medicine!

I'm in year 13 and I think I've missed my grades for medicine so instead of getting predictions AAA which is the minimum I think I'm likely to get AAB hence why I am considering taking a gap year and applying for 2023 entry assuming I would have achieved AAA grades next summer. However, I have no idea how to plan it or what to do:frown:
Things I do know is that:1) I would like more work experience to put on my application for next year in October so should I start looking for some as soon as possible?
Does it just seem like a lot to do right after levels?
2) I would like to have a job to save money for uni, maybe in a pharmacy
3) I need to re take the ucat and do the bmat so i would love any suggestions for courses i.e medify vs medentry
IF ANYONE HAS HAD A MEDICINE GAP YEAR, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU DID AND HOW YOU STRUCTURED EVERYTHING
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm on a gap year right now, I'm reapplying to uni after getting AAA, make sure you focus on your A-levels for now, try and find some work experience now or in a couple of months for once you finish all your exams. Also studying for the UCAT becomes so much easier (at least for me), since A levels were done. I'm not sure about the BMAT cos I chose not to sit it. I've been applying to jobs since June (of this year) and I've got a job as a lab technician in a school. For now I'd say focus on your A-levels and get that out of your way. You'll have plenty of time to plan what you want to do after that. I know I haven't got into medicine yet, but I hope this helps!
Original post by Ellome
I'm on a gap year right now, I'm reapplying to uni after getting AAA, make sure you focus on your A-levels for now, try and find some work experience now or in a couple of months for once you finish all your exams. Also studying for the UCAT becomes so much easier (at least for me), since A levels were done. I'm not sure about the BMAT cos I chose not to sit it. I've been applying to jobs since June (of this year) and I've got a job as a lab technician in a school. For now I'd say focus on your A-levels and get that out of your way. You'll have plenty of time to plan what you want to do after that. I know I haven't got into medicine yet, but I hope this helps!

Thanks for responding ! And congrats on getting AAA. I’ll take your advice try find some work experience after the half term 🙂
Original post by Alabi-Araoyr
Thanks for responding ! And congrats on getting AAA. I’ll take your advice try find some work experience after the half term 🙂

You're welcome. Thank you and best of luck with your A-levels, I'm sure you'll smash it! 🤗
Reply 4
Original post by Ria_xx2022

Sorry its been a long time since the thread. I am sort of stuck in a similar situation did you manage to find a uni for medicine with AAA ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending