The Student Room Group

applying to uni after A-levels

Hi , I finished my year 12 and i will have to apply to university this September , i actually wanted to go to medicine , i actually wanted to apply to uni through ucas using my actual A-levels to uni essentially taking a gap year (doing clinical experience and volunteering in the gap year) , is that possible because im so worried im might end up not getting into a uni . please lmk thank you
(Have moved thread to the medicine subforum.)
Reply 2
Original post by Absurd_
Hi , I finished my year 12 and i will have to apply to university this September , i actually wanted to go to medicine , i actually wanted to apply to uni through ucas using my actual A-levels to uni essentially taking a gap year (doing clinical experience and volunteering in the gap year) , is that possible because im so worried im might end up not getting into a uni . please lmk thank you

hey
I saw ur message abt being in the same position as me
and honestly I've done my research and asked many people
and it is definitely possible
I myself am planning on taking a gap year and doing the same things as u during it, then applying to medicine afterwards with my actual a level grades
it's possible and it is so worth it
just don't give up no matter what anyone says cos your going to receive a mixture of comments and remarks on ur situation
and it's not a bad position to be in as it gives u a great amount of time to gain work experience and u could redo the ucat if needed
Good luck thooo
Reply 3
you know how they say you have to write what you did in the gap year in your personal statement right , but I don't understand how it works , because if i apply next year October and uni course starts 2025 September there is still 10 months of gap year left and where will you refer what you did during that 10months
Reply 4
Original post by Absurd_
you know how they say you have to write what you did in the gap year in your personal statement right , but I don't understand how it works , because if i apply next year October and uni course starts 2025 September there is still 10 months of gap year left and where will you refer what you did during that 10months

I think you mention the plans you have for ur gap year briefly so then if u get invited to an interview, u can speak more about them later on and what u have accomplished so far
Reply 5
thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending