The Student Room Group

Immerse Essay

Is there anyone who has not gotten the essay results?
Dont worry ,I'm sure youve" won" a scholarship..or as its otherwise known..money off a ridiculously over priced course that will do nothing to help you get into Oxbridge..
Original post by oppiwall
Dont worry ,I'm sure youve" won" a scholarship..or as its otherwise known..money off a ridiculously over priced course that will do nothing to help you get into Oxbridge..

and I thought I was cynical... :laugh:
Hahahaha lol I just wanaa see what happens tho I haven’t received anything yet😂😭
These courses really bug me,they trade on the Cambridge/Oxford name but in fact they are really a holiday company for confused wealthy foreigners that havent spent five minutes with Mr Google
Ohmg 😂 can I have your sass😂
These courses really bug me,they trade on the Cambridge/Oxford name but in fact they are really a holiday company for confused wealthy foreigners that havent spent five minutes with Mr Google

To be honest, I'm not bothered about wealthy foreigners thinking they can buy their child a place at Oxford or Cambridge by attending one of these 'courses'. It's poor Home students being hoodwinked into spending money they don't really have on these courses which troubles me. Fortunately, this situation is largely resolved now due to the strenuous efforts of both universities regarding Access and the overall quantity of information out there on what candidates actually need to make a competitive application.
Exactly, the problem is we are unable to judge whether the criteria is true or not
Original post by Coolcoolcool28
Ohmg 😂 can I have your sass😂

Well what a week -from Etonian scum on Sunday to sassy on friday,not bad,not bad at all..
Well what a week -from Etonian scum on Sunday to sassy on friday,not bad,not bad at all..

Who was Etonian scum then?
Original post by Reality Check
Who was Etonian scum then?

Its a general term of endearment for those of us lucky enough to go to the finest school in the land ,the phrase was popularised over the weekend by Angela..am I boverred...Rayner..
Its a general term of endearment for those of us lucky enough to go to the finest school in the land

I think you'll find that term is 'Old Shirburnians', such as I.

Eton...isn't that that school in Berkshire where oligarchs and Chinese people send their kids? :smile:
No ,i think youll find its a school that unlike Sherborne has enough people that want to attend that they are in a position to select who they want.and thus unlike Sherborne can put a cap on foreign children...Sherborne is the school that got rid of its Head because he told the governing body the boys werent as intelligent and hard working as Etonians ,but Ive heard for boys that cant get into a selective Senior its not a bad choice..:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending