The Student Room Group

how to link the bloody chamber and the moors murders? English a level help?

I have a presentation tomorrow where me and my group research the moors murders/yorkshire ripper as social context to the bloody chamber. I've finished everything but the last slide where i am supposed to link it to the bloody chamber. All i can find is that ian brady read marquis de sade. can anyone help?
I guess just that Carter explores male violence towards women, with the marquis for example and in the company of wolves. I think the moors murders victims were really young so you could link this to the snow child maybe. Also undetected male violence - sutcliffe was only stoppedin 1981 so while Carter was writing his identitiy wasn't known, like the Marquis as he covers up his violence with wealth

Just my thoughts and not very imaginative!
I'm not an expert on brady or sutcliffe but if any of the women were walking alone at night this could tie in to little red riding hood and the company of wolves. But I'm not sure about this
Reply 3
Original post by alex.1
I guess just that Carter explores male violence towards women, with the marquis for example and in the company of wolves. I think the moors murders victims were really young so you could link this to the snow child maybe. Also undetected male violence - sutcliffe was only stoppedin 1981 so while Carter was writing his identitiy wasn't known, like the Marquis as he covers up his violence with wealth

Just my thoughts and not very imaginative!

thank you so much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending