The Student Room Group

Accenture 2022-23 Graduate Scheme applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ElephantOnClouds
Congrats on getting so far and good luck on the 17th! I have mine coming up on the 23rd of Nov and I'm extremely nervous about this. Would you guys be able to update here on what the process was and the questions from the Interviews if possible? I applied for the Consulting graduate scheme. Would like to know what you guys applied for?Thanks

What location? I applied to the Manchester one!
Original post by Jessilover98
What location? I applied to the Manchester one!

oh cool! I applied for the Edinburgh one!
Original post by escaff
Im doing it on the 17th too!

Congrats on getting so far and good luck on the 17th! I have mine coming up on the 23rd of Nov and I'm extremely nervous about this. Would you guys be able to update here on what the process was and the questions from the Interviews if possible? I applied for the Consulting graduate scheme. Would like to know what you guys applied for?Thanks
Applied towards end of Oct for Consulting (Edinburgh) and haven't received any links to online assessment as yet :frown: Got an e-mail yesterday saying they have had a lot of applications and are taking longer than usual to review....nothing about being able to shift programmes or anything...anyone in the same boat?
Just had my assessment centre for strategy, feel free to ask any questions :smile:
Original post by holywood_616
Just had my assessment centre for strategy, feel free to ask any questions :smile:

Hope it went well! how do you feel?:smile:

I've applied for Consulting, however, I guess the HR questions would be similar?!

So how was your tech showcase? what did you choose? and the format if possible?
And, would you mind sharing what questions HR asked you during the 1-1?
and did you have immersive assessments? if so, what exactly are those?
Thank you so much for volunteering to answer questions :smile: I'm super nervous about this thing!
Also, did you feel the strength-based questions were focused on the strengths from the "strength and weakness" feedback report we got after completing the online assessment?
So I found the whole thing very impersonal, there wasn't much face-to-face contact.

In relation to the tech showcase, you had 10 minutes to go through your presentation and 5 minutes of questions. Honestly, i dont remember the exact questions but they were very generic, such as why did you choose the industry you chose and how it can improve the industry, very general, nothing actually specific about the technology or the model you're describing.

During the 1-1 there was a list of 12 questions, i found this part very impersonal. The interviewer literally had a list of questions and read them off and then just took notes on the responses, it wasn't a 2-way process at all. (but that could have just been my interviewer). Its kind of the normal questions, nothing really about your experience but things like why Accenture, what differentiates Accenture, and talking about a time you learned a new skill and how you did it. Nothing like tell me about yourself, or why should we choose you.

The immersive exercises involve being shown information as though you're a consultant and you have different things to prepare. One involved being shown a report and you have to prepare an email to send to your manager updating them on certain aspects of the project. Then you continue on to a video segment where you're given some questions with about a minute to prepare and you record your answers. altogether there's 3 immersive assessments. They're not really something you can prepare for in my opinion, not really anything like case studies.

I dont think theres a huge amount of preparing you can do, a lot of it is really just assessing your natural strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, the experience was fine and theres really no need to be nervous but I just found it a bit impersonal as I didnt have any 2-way conversations or interest really shown in me as a person if that makes sense, it really felt like an extended version of the online tests you do in the beginning stages of most recruitment processes. It just kind of showed me Accenture wasn't the company for me but that's okay.
Also, did you feel the strength-based questions were focused on the strengths from the "strength and weakness" feedback report we got after completing the online assessment?

No, definitely not, they really seem like 12 generic questions that everyone is asked. It doesn't seem tailored to each candidate at all, my interview seemed to just be reading a script.
So I found the whole thing very impersonal, there wasn't much face-to-face contact.

In relation to the tech showcase, you had 10 minutes to go through your presentation and 5 minutes of questions. Honestly, i dont remember the exact questions but they were very generic, such as why did you choose the industry you chose and how it can improve the industry, very general, nothing actually specific about the technology or the model you're describing.

During the 1-1 there was a list of 12 questions, i found this part very impersonal. The interviewer literally had a list of questions and read them off and then just took notes on the responses, it wasn't a 2-way process at all. (but that could have just been my interviewer). Its kind of the normal questions, nothing really about your experience but things like why Accenture, what differentiates Accenture, and talking about a time you learned a new skill and how you did it. Nothing like tell me about yourself, or why should we choose you.

The immersive exercises involve being shown information as though you're a consultant and you have different things to prepare. One involved being shown a report and you have to prepare an email to send to your manager updating them on certain aspects of the project. Then you continue on to a video segment where you're given some questions with about a minute to prepare and you record your answers. altogether there's 3 immersive assessments. They're not really something you can prepare for in my opinion, not really anything like case studies.

I dont think theres a huge amount of preparing you can do, a lot of it is really just assessing your natural strengths and weaknesses. Honestly, the experience was fine and theres really no need to be nervous but I just found it a bit impersonal as I didnt have any 2-way conversations or interest really shown in me as a person if that makes sense, it really felt like an extended version of the online tests you do in the beginning stages of most recruitment processes. It just kind of showed me Accenture wasn't the company for me but that's okay.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!
Overall, from your experience, Accenture seems pretty disconnected which is sad!

re the immersive, correct me if I'm wrong, but the video segments are example business scenarios and we would record ourselves answering how we would tackle them?
(edited 2 years ago)
I also completed my final interview last week and will be happy to help anyone else out!! Been a over a week since I have done it though, so haven't heard back unfortunately

thanks for sharing :smile:
were the immersive exercises via the headstart portal? are the video and written exercises around the same topic iygwim?

also for the tech showcase, did you have notes on you?
Original post by rllyfromars
I also completed my final interview last week and will be happy to help anyone else out!! Been a over a week since I have done it though, so haven't heard back unfortunately

Hi, it is my very first AC and I'm feeling very nervous about it! It would be great to get some insights from you :smile:
Is it correct that the immersive assessment includes video responses and 10 challenges(?) after that? If so, re video responses, were you presented a business scenario and asked how you would respond (something like a video interview)? Also, how many video responses were you required to do?
One last question: how did each AC segment go for you?

Thank you so much!!
How long did it take for people to hear a response after initial application. I've heard nothing and its nearly been a month!
Thank you for taking the time to reply!
Overall, from your experience, Accenture seems pretty disconnected which is sad!

re the immersive, correct me if I'm wrong, but the video segments are example business scenarios and we would record ourselves answering how we would tackle them?

No problem glad i could help! Sorry I didnt explain the immersive very well, theres 3 different ones, each one consists of being given some kind of background on a project which you read, you will then be asked to create an email including which includes questions like what are the biggest risks with this project, another project focused very heavily on relationship management. After you finished the written part of the segment you will be asked questions which you need to answer via video which could be things like how would you ensure to build a relationship with your team, or what do you think will be the biggest difficulty in this project.
Original post by deniseleong
Hi, it is my very first AC and I'm feeling very nervous about it! It would be great to get some insights from you :smile:
Is it correct that the immersive assessment includes video responses and 10 challenges(?) after that? If so, re video responses, were you presented a business scenario and asked how you would respond (something like a video interview)? Also, how many video responses were you required to do?
One last question: how did each AC segment go for you?

Thank you so much!!

Yes that's the layout, there are 3 video responses required and are between about 2 and 4 minutes. It was very similar to the video interviews a lot of companies have you do in the screening process. Honestly, I feel it went fine, its really not something you can prepare for so i really wouldn't worry too much the host was very kind but I just wasn't personal enough for me, I didn't have any actual conversation throughout the whole experience everyone just read off scripts, so I just really don't think its the company for me as they had such a long interview process but didn't actually try to get to know me during it.
Original post by flowerpot2021
thanks for sharing :smile:
were the immersive exercises via the headstart portal? are the video and written exercises around the same topic iygwim?

also for the tech showcase, did you have notes on you?

No problem, its via the portal you booked your ac on! Same login details as for headstart. They'll put the link in the group. Yes, the written and video are around the same topic! Also yes you can have notes for tech showcase, that part was quite relaxed really
Yes that's the layout, there are 3 video responses required and are between about 2 and 4 minutes. It was very similar to the video interviews a lot of companies have you do in the screening process. Honestly, I feel it went fine, its really not something you can prepare for so i really wouldn't worry too much the host was very kind but I just wasn't personal enough for me, I didn't have any actual conversation throughout the whole experience everyone just read off scripts, so I just really don't think its the company for me as they had such a long interview process but didn't actually try to get to know me during it.

Ah thank you so much! I think I'm most nervous about this part of the assessment... did you use up all the time allocated for the video responses? 4 minutes seems like a long time for a short prep time (I read somewhere that it's around 1 min)
No problem glad i could help! Sorry I didnt explain the immersive very well, theres 3 different ones, each one consists of being given some kind of background on a project which you read, you will then be asked to create an email including which includes questions like what are the biggest risks with this project, another project focused very heavily on relationship management. After you finished the written part of the segment you will be asked questions which you need to answer via video which could be things like how would you ensure to build a relationship with your team, or what do you think will be the biggest difficulty in this project.

was there a group/paired assessment?
Reply 79
Did anyone who applied to the analytics graduate role hear back ?

Quick Reply

Latest